Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center stand

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yankee, In your opinion could the stand be modified, ie the kick rod bent to be used in conjunction with the Cholo's, I think I might get one.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Yankee, In your opinion could the stand be modified, ie the kick rod bent to be used in conjunction with the Cholo's, I think I might get one.
Yeah, Bud.. Like my friend at the shop says, "anything could be made to work.'
Heres a few more pix i just took for ya.

This first pic i placed it under the frame's mounting point. You could see its still a good 2" away from the frame and the extender arm is hitting. The arm is 1" thick of a real good quality steel with 3 good welds at the base. With a good heater and some serious torque, Maybe you could bend it so it sits straight outward, then bend it up around the pipe? It would definitely take away from the looks of the pipe though, IMO.

Second pic is just what you're dealing with.

Third pic I wanted to show you how i needed to cut out a .5"x1" notch to fit with the shotgun shock

Maybe if you could break the welds you could just turn the extender arm upside down and re-weld it, but those welds look like real good quality.

.....And then you would have to worry about grounding that arm when turning!
... Just some stuff to consider!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:52 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

Yankee, Thanks a lot for going to the trouble of taking those pics mate, I'm going to get one and make it work, I think it might be better to cut virtually all of the lever off and just leave as little as possible of it, so as to make it still able to be used. I just mailed Mark from Choppershop to see if he can get me one, maybe get it shipped with my Covington Panheads.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,437 Likes on 4,752 Posts

Not to hijack the thread but, socal, what brake light that come off of and the license tag if ya dont mind?

Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's cool, SoCal! I appreciate it......

Oh..... and you're more than welcome to come join us anytime. No Train needed.......

Old 04-17-2012, 09:26 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx_Outlaw
That's cool, SoCal! I appreciate it......

Oh..... and you're more than welcome to come join us anytime. No Train needed.......
Hell I don't have one anymore and they let me play in their sandbox!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Haha! Thanks guys. But Aarons threatened to choke me out with those guerilla arms and I'm kinda intimidated by that guy who has a pink Rocker!

@ LawnMowerMan . . . No problem, brah. Anything I could do to help. .. Good luck with that! I hope you can do it. It'll give me some ideas.

@tampa . . . These pics are a little old. That was a Kuryakyn smoked LED taillight with a Kuryakyn lay down Plate mount. The LED didn't last long. After a year, a few of the LEDs went out or started to flicker. I replaced it with a BAL-1 BrightAssLight. The BAL-1 is awesome! I can burn the retinas outta the cages behind me. They have all stayed back by AT LEAST an extra car length at stop lights. Set it to strobe, and they stay back even further!!! The lay down LP mount was chrome, but it was a little too much shiny stuff for me ( please don't tell the rest of the Vicla guys ). I relocated the mount to the bottom of the fender for cleaner look on the fender.

Happy Hour just finished out here, so I hittin the fridge for another cuz I'm celebratin the fact it's Tuesday!!! Woooo hoooooo!!! Happy Tuesday!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 06:18 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

My dealer just emailed me to tell me he's ordered it for me and is going to ship it with my other bits, Debrix wanted an unreasonable amount for shipping, I'll mess with it to fit round my pipes when I have it. many thanks Yankee have a JD on me.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:24 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
My dealer just emailed me to tell me he's ordered it for me and is going to ship it with my other bits, Debrix wanted an unreasonable amount for shipping, I'll mess with it to fit round my pipes when I have it. many thanks Yankee have a JD on me.
Hell Yeah, Buddy!! Really lookin forward to what you could do with. And again, congrats on the mag.
Btw, I'm drinkin Gentleman Jack right now, on you

Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

Not tried that, I do like the normal JD though, I'm on the Southern Comfort as i'm typing . with ice of course.

Quick Reply: Center stand