Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of 14" Carline Flying Apes

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012 | 01:16 AM
WARG
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Pics of 14" Carline Flying Apes

Thinking about changing out my 16" Wild1 Chubby's for a set of 14" Flying Apes. I know the Carlini's run tall so I'm guessing my current cables may work with the 14s. Anyone got pics of the 14s? I definitely don't want to go too short. I had 12.5" apes first and wanted the 16s. However, I really want some 1.5" bars to add that fatter look. I haven't ruled out 16" Carlinis, but don't want to buy new cables, etc.

Old 04-14-2012 | 06:06 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Installed the freeways and tell ya that the trottle cables and front brake had no room left for anything taller. Clutch cable prob another 4-6". I dont see not changin cables when doin apes but thats just my 2 cents.

Old 04-14-2012 | 09:08 AM
WARG
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Installed the freeways and tell ya that the trottle cables and front brake had no room left for anything taller. Clutch cable prob another 4-6". I dont see not changin cables when doin apes but thats just my 2 cents.
I already have 16" apes installed with +10 cables and brake line. However, the Carlinis run tall so my cables should work with the 14" Carlinis. Maybe not the 16s though.

Old 04-14-2012 | 09:35 AM
Yankees
Cruiser

Originally Posted by WARG
I already have 16" apes installed with +10 cables and brake line. However, the Carlinis run tall so my cables should work with the 14" Carlinis. Maybe not the 16s though.
+10 should be plenty for the 16" Flying apes. I have an 05 Fatboy and I ended up going +12 for mine and they were a bit too much, especially the brake line, + 10 should be perfect. I think if you end up getting the 14's you'll regret not going bigger! I'd post a few pics but I don't have any that are very good.

Old 04-14-2012 | 09:35 AM
Jd Swiper
Road Master

Originally Posted by WARG
Go for it Warg!! I would think your cables would be perfect. Carlini's are the nicest apes I've ever seen. Their craftsmanship is Insane!!!

Old 04-14-2012 | 09:43 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Hey Warg I have + 10's on my 16" Gangster Apes and have room. I see no problem going with the 16" Flyin Apes if you want.

Old 04-14-2012 | 09:43 AM
WARG
|
Elite HDF Member

Jd, you got bigger pics? Our bikes are set up similar...shotgun, fat cat, apes etc.

Old 04-14-2012 | 10:35 AM
Jd Swiper
Road Master

Look at the pics in my profile.. That's all I have for now as my bikes in the shop getting the front end lowered and quick connects for the sissy bar installed so I can use my solo seat. The Apes look alot larger in person. I'm 5'10 and wouldn't go any larger than 14's from a comfort stand point!

Old 04-14-2012 | 02:45 PM
CopperHead2008
Advanced

I just installed the 16's flying apes. I am 5' 10" and I like the feel. By the way, I am also running the exile internal throttle, internal brake line, clutch cable internal and wire harness internal. It was alot of work but worth every min of it. Super clean look. Also, I am using the Ness Rad II master cylinder and clutch perch which worked great for aligning to holes for the cables and brake line which was the goodridge -2 hide-a-line. If you do all this work take your time and don't drill our cut anything till you mock it up and measure measure measure...

Old 04-14-2012 | 03:45 PM
WARG
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by CopperHead2008
I just installed the 16's flying apes. I am 5' 10" and I like the feel. By the way, I am also running the exile internal throttle, internal brake line, clutch cable internal and wire harness internal. It was alot of work but worth every min of it. Super clean look. Also, I am using the Ness Rad II master cylinder and clutch perch which worked great for aligning to holes for the cables and brake line which was the goodridge -2 hide-a-line. If you do all this work take your time and don't drill our cut anything till you mock it up and measure measure measure...
That sounds sweet! How much did you spend on the parts if you don't mind sharing?

Quick Reply: Pics of 14" Carline Flying Apes