Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few bucks to spend??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few bucks to spend??

Hey guys,

I sold some stuff and have about $500-$600 I want to spend on some new mods. I don't have pics yet but I just changed my bars and risers as well as picking up a Mustang seat for longer trips. My engine mods are done for the time being. All I have left to do is head work. I was thinking of doing the Progressive rear shocks and lowering springs for the front.

Anyone have other suggestions. I have about 3 weeks before I go to the Thunder beach rally in Panama City Beach. I'm open to lots of ideas. I included side pics of my Lo below.

Attached Thumbnails Few bucks to spend??-black-trans_cam-side.jpg   Few bucks to spend??-chrome-primary-side.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:21 AM
PhatDLX
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Air ride should be ur next mod!!!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PhatDLX
Air ride should be ur next mod!!!!!
Its in the future but I'd like to do fenders and wheels at the same time. And they don't make an air ride for ABS bikes yet but its coming!!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:22 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brutus your sled is looking bad *** and is looking killer! As much as I'd like to help you spend your money not sure there's much more you need in the eye candy area. thinking what you've mentioned would be about it since your air is down the road. Sweet sled brother!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:56 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Black out them front forks! I am working on mine now and I think that is really the only thing I can see that I would change on your bike. It's looking great. Other possibilities include wrinkle black PC your upper rocker boxes and primary cover. You could actually get the forks, upper rocker boxes and primary cover powder coated all for less than $500... Just a thought...

Old 04-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Brutus your sled is looking bad *** and is looking killer! As much as I'd like to help you spend your money not sure there's much more you need in the eye candy area. thinking what you've mentioned would be about it since your air is down the road. Sweet sled brother!
I tend to agree, you look good to go for now. Put the money away for future mods. Before long you'll have your own ideas of some mods you want to make.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Adammit
Tourer

You should pc your pipe too. Good lookin bike

Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 AM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I say put the money away and just ride it man. The next mod will come to you.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about getting the matching visored lenses for the turn signals to match the headlight? You can do front and rear, i know the black part numbers are: 73342-09 and 73343-09, idk the chrome ones..point is, the black ones aren't FLSTFB listed to fit, but they do because they're a generic turn signal.. that'll only take about $75 out of your 500. And I don't know how the black lowers would look on your bike, since you're not a blacked-out guy like the rest of us.. the way they are now looks fine.. and as ive said in serveral different threads now, the 422s feel great under my *** if you wanted to go that route.. or even try the 422 RAPs and be able to switch them without having to crawl under the bike..

Old 04-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Leech1107
Tourer

if you are going air rid for the future invest in Ricor intimidators now the are 200 and i have heard nothing but good things about them.

Quick Reply: Few bucks to spend??