Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few bucks to spend??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 AM
DC_Night_Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking sick. How do you like those CB Designs grips? I'm running the same one on my night train. I lost one of the small hex screws on the left hand grip and the whole thing starting sliding around on me. I had to take it of for the rest of my ride. Keep an eye on those screws and tighten em regularly.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Jim_bo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Brutus01
Its in the future but I'd like to do fenders and wheels at the same time. And they don't make an air ride for ABS bikes yet but its coming!!
Really??

I have an email from JD at Shotgun saying that the Shotgun shock CAN be used with ABS. I got that confirmation from him before I bought my bike. If he would have said no, I likely would have not bought an ABS bike.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll say this again. Ebay lowering bolts and put your cash in a coffee can for a set of Shotguns.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Youngneg
Tourer

Brutus, Jimbo,check this thread......shotguns ready to go for abs bikes...i don`t know if i did it right...lo

Old 04-12-2012, 06:51 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Blackout your forks, aux light kit, lower it

Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Brutus your sled is looking bad *** and is looking killer! As much as I'd like to help you spend your money not sure there's much more you need in the eye candy area. thinking what you've mentioned would be about it since your air is down the road. Sweet sled brother!
Thanks NC.....always a work in progress

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Black out them front forks! I am working on mine now and I think that is really the only thing I can see that I would change on your bike. It's looking great. Other possibilities include wrinkle black PC your upper rocker boxes and primary cover. You could actually get the forks, upper rocker boxes and primary cover powder coated all for less than $500... Just a thought...
Originally Posted by Adammit
You should pc your pipe too. Good lookin bike
I like the contrast with the forks as my plans is a set of fat spokes with chrome hubs/nipples and black rims/spokes. I think it will all blend nicely. I do plan to black out my rocker covers but I think I am gonna wait until I do the head work next winter. Good ideas tho

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
What about getting the matching visored lenses for the turn signals to match the headlight? You can do front and rear, i know the black part numbers are: 73342-09 and 73343-09, idk the chrome ones..point is, the black ones aren't FLSTFB listed to fit, but they do because they're a generic turn signal.. that'll only take about $75 out of your 500. And I don't know how the black lowers would look on your bike, since you're not a blacked-out guy like the rest of us.. the way they are now looks fine.. and as ive said in serveral different threads now, the 422s feel great under my *** if you wanted to go that route.. or even try the 422 RAPs and be able to switch them without having to crawl under the bike..
The 422s seem to keep pulling me back especially since summer is basically here and I will be riding alot more. The only bad thing is I want to do all the suspension at once and of course I will end up spending about $700 to do that and thats if I dont do the RAPs. Dang its never-ending HAHA

Originally Posted by Leech1107
if you are going air rid for the future invest in Ricor intimidators now the are 200 and i have heard nothing but good things about them.
Thats why I want to do all the suspension at once. I figure the front will be done and I can resale the 422s after a year riding. I hate being indecisive ......

Originally Posted by DC_Night_Train
Looking sick. How do you like those CB Designs grips? I'm running the same one on my night train. I lost one of the small hex screws on the left hand grip and the whole thing starting sliding around on me. I had to take it of for the rest of my ride. Keep an eye on those screws and tighten em regularly.
That sucks that you lost a set screw. I really like the grips. They look awesome and are comfortable too. Honestly, I like all of the CB stuff. Not cheap but great quality.

Originally Posted by DC_Night_Train
That was last I heard. I forgot about the post that Youngneg gave us the link for so it looks like they are available. Right now tho, I can buy 422s for $375 new and the Shotgun is like $12-1300 I think.

Originally Posted by Benway
I'll say this again. Ebay lowering bolts and put your cash in a coffee can for a set of Shotguns.
Originally Posted by dizzy1450
I say put the money away and just ride it man. The next mod will come to you.
Since I already spent the money and its been gone its like Christmas so its burning a hole in my pocket LOL.

Originally Posted by kozy22
Blackout your forks, aux light kit, lower it
So I am down to 2 options. The aux light bar or the whole suspension upgrade. By the time I buy the LED Aux lights to match my headlight and the visor rings for the Aux lights both options are going to be around $650.

What do you guys think between the two since one is more cosmetic although I can say its safety with added light and the other is performance, handling, ride etc.

Thanks for all the comments and help guys.

Last edited by Brutus01; 04-13-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:01 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Black forks.... sidemount tag off the rear left axle....new brake rotors with a design.... the stockers get old looking...

dude. seriously... lovin that bike. have never been a fan of the fatboy low, yours is the first I really really like. I've always liked the FX bikes waaayyy more. But yours is sweet.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

I'd black everything else out. Murder that bike out! It looks great as it is but it needs more black.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I'd black everything else out. Murder that bike out! It looks great as it is but it needs more black.
I thought about blacking out the other stuff but it seems lots of people are doing that with the denim black bikes. I like to be a little different and I think a little chrome blends nicely and gives it some contrast and character. Now imagine the the Sinister fat spokes with black spokes/rims and the chrome nipples and hubs on my bike. I don't want a lot of chrome but I think those rims would blend real nicely with what I have so far.

I do plan to PC the dash gloss black and I am debating the headlight trim ring but I kinda like the accent. I just put flat black BR apes on it with gloss Carlini risers so its up in the air what all will get PC'd.

Originally Posted by imboden
Black forks.... sidemount tag off the rear left axle....new brake rotors with a design.... the stockers get old looking...

dude. seriously... lovin that bike. have never been a fan of the fatboy low, yours is the first I really really like. I've always liked the FX bikes waaayyy more. But yours is sweet.
I really appreciate the complement. I may relo the tag to a sidemount and get it off the fender. Sounds like a good mod but read the above and see what you think about me leaving the forks chrome for that reason.

Thanks guys.

But what do you think about the aux light bar or suspension upgrade?

Old 04-13-2012, 03:16 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What suspension? If you plan on doing air ride down the line than I'd just wait and cut out the middleman

Quick Reply: Few bucks to spend??