Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H 2-2 Exhaust and Stage 1 Screaming Eagle install Slim

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Waylenlee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H 2-2 Exhaust and Stage 1 Screaming Eagle install Slim

http://youtu.be/KzIOHZof55cJust got the install done.. The exhaust had 18mm o2 sensor ports and the o2 sensor threads were 12mm.. Went to Harley and got bung adapters for 20 bucks.. Did the install and waiting for download.. So if you have exhaust with large ports and have a newer bike with 12mm o2 sensor you can still do the install..

Last edited by Waylenlee; 04-10-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 PM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

That looks and sounds absolutely fantastic.

I want to put some similar pipes on my '12 deluxe. I was told it isn't as easy as replacing the pipes because of the o2 sensor and bung adaptors. I really would like to do this myself instead of having the dealer do it. 1. I'd love to save the money by doing it myself and 2. Would love to get into my bike myself and feel more at one with my bike.

How hard is this project to do? Is it a pain dealing with the o2 sensors?

Thanks for the input and I love that sound those pipes are making. You did a great job.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Waylenlee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.. The install is very easy and I would advise anyone that can put together any IKEA furniture to do it themselves.. Make sure to get the proper wire mesh crush rings that go in between the exhaust and the manifold..
You will need some deep well standard sockets and an extender.. Hex key set and a star key set.. Some anti seize isn't a bad idea also..
If you don't already have a aftermarket air cleaner, you should get one.
I was going to get a fuel pak but was told unless you are planning on doing head work or anything like that the stock EFI will work fine as long as you get the Harley download..
Once you get the bung adapters the install is cake.. Just screw the adapter into the o2 port on the exhaust and then install the smaller o2 sensor into the hole..
When you pull the stock exhaust, I would advise disconnecting the o2 sensor line from the switches before you pull them off. You run the risk of messing them up trying to take them out of the exhaust while it's still attached.
YOu can look up the torque spec's if you want but when tightening the bolts I went till they were tight then put another quarter turn on the bolt..
After everything (air cleaner, exhaust and DL/fuelpak) is done, run the bike for a couple hundred miles and re-torque the bolts..
DO IT YOURSELF!! Lol.. Good luck bub.. Post vid when your done..

Old 04-13-2012, 10:48 AM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I can't thank you enough for the advice and encouragment. It'll probably be awhile before I do this but it is on my mind all the time. I almost can't stand the look of the stock pipes and think it is hokey how they split the passenger peg between the two pipes. I'm trying to decide on the radius pipes or straight ones. I really like the look of the radius but heard that there is a greater chance at scratching them on a right curve or turn. I also like the look of the straight V&H Big Shots but don't like the stagger as much as if both pipes were flush. I like the flush look of the long shots but don't like the length. I'm quite certain I want to go with V&H pipes and a K&N filter with a chrome Willie G skull end cap. After you're pep talk, I'll definately be doing this myself.

Just listened to your pipes again....your set up is really nice and sounds great! Love that sound!

Last edited by gotnspikes; 04-13-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:59 AM
NAILIT RK
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OP, you said you installed the SE breather kit but that video shows what looks like a stock air cleaner housing.... am I missing something?