Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini Bars Never Dissapoint.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NaptownDrew
Josewales - I have a 2011 FLSTFB and am thinking about going with Carlini 1.5" Freeway bars. I have a couple of questions. What new wiring did you need for the change over? Outside of: riser, wiring, bars and bushings, is there anything else I need for this?
One piece clamp was recommended...besides that just different cable lengths. I am out of town atm...so I can't dig out the shop invoicing to check bud. Throttle and clutch all fit like a a glove.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rockinred
They've got a few options. You can order any of their 1.25 bars and get risers called diamond that will bolt directly to the springers existing bolts. They said they have them for the springers now, but it is not on the website. Or you can order the adapter plate and use any risers they have, which is what I did. Or the other option would be to change out the OEM riser bolts on the springer plate to have the correct thread pattern as standard risers.
Thanks for the input but...

M'eh...

My point in wanting the existence of a set of their Springer apes with no taper at the center is precisely to avoid all the stuff you described above. I have a beefy set of 1.25 risers now and finding something that fits them would be grand. I have my stock 1 inch risers that would work with their apes but I don't like the idea of running tall apes with smaller risers. I mocked a set of 16" Wild1's that taper at the center with my stock risers and I just didn't feel comfortable having that much leverage with such little risers to keep the bars in place.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:02 PM
txphatboy
Road Warrior
Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts

Agree - Carlini's are some of the nicest bars out there. I was lucky enough to find a used set of Lowdowns here of the forum - love the way they look and I get a lot of compliments on them. Only problem is I always wanted apes, so I just ordered a set a couple weeks ago. Came down to Carlini 1.5" Gangsters, Flying Apes, or RIS Design. I went with the RIS solely because I never have seen them on any bike, but it was a tough decision. If I regret it, I will eventually end up with some Flying Apes. Here are a couple pics of Lowdowns on Fatboy.

Attached Thumbnails Carlini Bars Never Dissapoint.-052912-front.jpg   Carlini Bars Never Dissapoint.-052912-rear.jpg   Carlini Bars Never Dissapoint.-052912-front2.jpg  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by txphatboy
Agree - Carlini's are some of the nicest bars out there. I was lucky enough to find a used set of Lowdowns here of the forum - love the way they look and I get a lot of compliments on them. Only problem is I always wanted apes, so I just ordered a set a couple weeks ago. Came down to Carlini 1.5" Gangsters, Flying Apes, or RIS Design. I went with the RIS solely because I never have seen them on any bike, but it was a tough decision. If I regret it, I will eventually end up with some Flying Apes. Here are a couple pics of Lowdowns on Fatboy.
Lowdowns look awesome man on your FB. First I seen.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:57 PM
txphatboy
Road Warrior
Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts

Thanks - appreciate it. I normally sell stuff as soon as I buy something new, but I may hold on to the Lowdowns for a little while and make sure I like the apes. If for some reason I don't like the apes, I will have no problem putting the Carlini's back on.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutus01
The Carlini's were my initial first choice until I found out about BR. I just liked the fact that Bill would build them to my specs. I do agree that if I didn't have BRs the Carlinis are the way I would go. They look awesome.
I know this is an old thread but I gotta say SCREW that BR dude. I tried ordering a set of bars from him for months - multiple calls and emails and no response. Wasn't looking for anything crazy either. No excuse for that kind of of service.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carlini for the win.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:49 PM
mac1911
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

+1 on Carlini. I have them on 2 bikes and really like them. Constantly getting comments on them.