Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered 39 Inch Cholos

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Toptrigger630
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pipes, still not here yet. I'm about to pull my hair out waiting on them. The folks at the shop I ordered them from ordered them directly from samson. I know there are dealers that probably have them in stock but my guy is giving them to me at cost, can't beat that....so I guess I'll have to wait.

Does anyone know how long the wait is on the cholos right now?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:44 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thaghost
When my ride is slammed, I scrape a lot. You have 39's?

To the OP, for what it's worth, I am looking to sell my 39's for 36's or 33's. I just scrape way too much. Doesn't do much damage to the pipes, just annoys the **** out of me.
I have to do a better job following up when I post. Yes, I'm running the 39s. It seems ever since I went back and loosened everything up after my first couple hundred miles and lined the pipes back up etc I've actually been scraping less and rarely do now. I found my left side pipe was not level with the other side.

But yeah, maybe it's my riding style I don't know. I'm not real aggressive, I just cruise and take it easy.

Topteigger

Old 04-20-2012, 10:47 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Toptrigger630
Pipes, still not here yet. I'm about to pull my hair out waiting on them. The folks at the shop I ordered them from ordered them directly from samson. I know there are dealers that probably have them in stock but my guy is giving them to me at cost, can't beat that....so I guess I'll have to wait.

Does anyone know how long the wait is on the cholos right now?
Damn I wish this phone app had an edit option I wasn't finished. lol I waited 3 or 4 weeks for mine. Think someone else posted the newer version (removable baffle, fishtail) are back ordered but they have the older version on hand. It'll be worth the wait. But I know all to well the waiting game sucks!

Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thaghost
When my ride is slammed, I scrape a lot. You have 39's?

To the OP, for what it's worth, I am looking to sell my 39's for 36's or 33's. I just scrape way too much. Doesn't do much damage to the pipes, just annoys the **** out of me.
From your sig pic, it looks like you need to lower your front end a couple inches. Pipes are angled way down in back.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 PM
tq745
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Like you said, you may have to lift the rear back up an inch or so to get your clearance. But I'd give it a try as is first. With my air I ride slammed always, and I rarely scrap, and you just pay attention when your coming out of a place or turning into a situation that has an incline or decline etc. You just don't approach it head on obviously.

Welcome to the forums and as you've probably noticed, we're a visual bunch who likes pics!
i always scrape when i ride slammed. i have to raise it up a little but my white walls are still tucked under and i'm okay for the most part. however, i still clench my teeth whenever i go over a bump or make a turn waiting for my pipes to scrape. lol.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Benway
From your sig pic, it looks like you need to lower your front end a couple inches. Pipes are angled way down in back.
Can't see sig pics on my phone but I think you nailed it. If you don't lower the front, like you said in that other thread, the pipes are going be at to great of a downward angle when they are freaking 12" past the rear tin.

EDIT
Ben - you are to something there! Throwing 39s without bringing the front down to reduce the angle is going to equal a lot of scraping.

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 04-20-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:24 PM
FES
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toptrigger630
I just pulled the trigger on 39" Cholo exhaust for my 1996 Heritage Nostalgia. I've noticed on all of the Cholo threads that everyone has them on twim cam and not EVO bikes and I haven't seen any quality pics of them on EVO bikes. I may be having some buyers remorse....the pipes are backordered and I'm hoping I made the right decision on the 39".

I have a new baby girl and I can't afford Air Ride. My bike is lowered front and rear, I figured I might have to raise the rear back up an inch or so.....I figure it is inevitable that I'm going to scrape them but as long as the bike is level I think I should be Ok.

Someone give me some reassurance that I dropped the hammer on the rights pipes. I love the look that the pipes give a bike, I have the Viclas (Cali theme) going with the bike now, 21 in WW in front, Beach bars etc. I'll post pics when the pipes get here and are installed.

Thanks
Here's an EVO for you 94 FLSTN

Old 04-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

So here's a question for all you cholo guys: Any pipe scraping when you hit the twisties? I'd hate to have to pay special attention to how I take corners because of the pipes.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 AM
prost34
Tourer

Originally Posted by Benway
So here's a question for all you cholo guys: Any pipe scraping when you hit the twisties? I'd hate to have to pay special attention to how I take corners because of the pipes.
not with a air ride,pump it up and start taking corners,

Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Toptrigger630
3rd Gear

FES,

I'm getting worried about the install. I just saw another thread where a guy was installing tails on his 95 Nostalgia. The left side of the frame where the bracket mounts on the older models apparently does not have the plastic plugs and his was steel....Mine is the same way. Is that your bike, and if so did you have to drill and tap the frame to mount the left muffler bracket?????????? The title of the thread is "did I just get screwed out of $900 for samson pipes" if you want to reference his thread. Some of the responses are pretty colorful regarding the OP bashing Samson, If I have to get the frame drilled and tapped then its Ok with me I'm just trying to prepare for the install when they get here. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Toptrigger630; 04-22-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Just ordered 39 Inch Cholos