Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throw over saddle bags question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006 | 05:29 AM
drifter4
|
Cruiser
Default throw over saddle bags question

I took the pillion seat of my 2007 springer classic and replaced it with the black fender rack.
The signal light relocation kit had to be installed for the quick release rack install. I want to leave it on but want to buy the road master throw over bags. How can I do this so the fender don't get scratched, as it appears the easy brackets may not be able to fit. You assistance is greatly appreciated.I thinking I may have to make brackets to hold the bags away from the bike at sped.

Old 12-29-2006 | 09:40 AM
skips69
Tourer
Default RE: throw over saddle bags question

I'm not familiar enough with your particular model to make adefinite recommendation, but have used throw over bags before. On previous bikes, I had to purchase and install bracketsto keep the bags away from the axles, rear brake caliper, upper belt guard, etc.These bolted on and off. I got tired of always having toremove these brackets, putting the original bolts back into the struts, etc. everytime I wanted to add/remove the bags. So, eventually, I went with Easy Brackets. They made a kit to use with HD's detacheable hardware, so you could use them in conjunction with a detacheable backrest (or luggage rack). You might look into that. If more concerned with protecting the top of the rear fender, I'd suggest the Mustang rear fender bibs. Available plain or studded. That's what I am using with a solo seat to protect the top of my fender. They're $30. Good looks, good fit. Aside from thesesuggestions, I'd wait for someone with your model to chime in. Good Luck.