Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bossbags quickdetach bracket for flstc

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 07:17 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Bossbags quickdetach bracket for flstc

Well here's the update. I'm done the install and not 100% impressed. It took a little grinding to get everything to line up, and the bags don't go off and on real easy, although better then having to unbolt everything. Over all, they keep a pretty good look with the bags off, keep the bags tighter to the bike when they are on and do function, just not super slick. Also, they sent me the wrong spacer kit to work with my qd sissy bar, which held me up for a few hour try to make it work with different size and combo's of washer. Eventually I called them, they realized the mistake, and stuck the new ones in the mail. The other downside is that I don't think the bags would come off when fully loaded. Maybe once it all gets broken in, or with a little grease, it might work easier.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:49 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

Anyone else have these? I'm having a b!tc# of a time getting the bags off and on and would love to here if others are having the same trouble.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:14 PM
olongapo1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have Boss Bags on my 02 Fatboy and couldn't be happier. The quick disconnects line up perfectly and are much firmer than any other disconnects I've used including EZ Brackets.

The bracket tolerances are tight so binding can be a problem if the angle of attack is incorrect while removing or attaching the bags. I also keep a bit of grease on the pins.

It's been a while since I've installed mine but if I remember correctly I had to adjust them by loosening and repositioning the Female Connecters mounted on the hard plastic backing on the inboard side of the bags. Try loosening these connectors by backing off the nuts, attach the bags to the bike, then re-tighten the connectors.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:47 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

That's how i'm doing it, but every time I tighten the bolts, something gets out of whack!