Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSD TRACKER rear fender

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sooo much better!!! Looks thug!

Lookin forward to the finished pix!

Old 04-07-2012, 09:54 PM
08Nighttrain
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the comments I have lowered it with bolts and I usually ride solo so don't plan to get shotgun. The seat is made by mustang for RSD and I love the look of it. I plan to cut fender to make a ECM mount. Cant wait to get it all done.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Tweeter2148
Advanced

I'm looking at buying the RSD tracker kit and the solo seat also. What are your thoughts about the area in between the front of the new seat and the stock gas tank?

Old 04-08-2012, 12:28 AM
spdmtlrcng
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Nighttrain
Thanks for all the comments I have lowered it with bolts and I usually ride solo so don't plan to get shotgun. The seat is made by mustang for RSD and I love the look of it. I plan to cut fender to make a ECM mount. Cant wait to get it all done.
I was able to just lay my ecm on top of my battery until I ddi something more permanent. I dunno how the newer NT's are built but for my more permanent set up I fed the wires out the back under between the battery and frame, and mounted the ecm on the mud guard. Again, I dunno how yours is but it just seemed better to me than hacking up my fender. Once again though, sick *** kit man.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

Bought an RSD tracker rear fender kit and got the rsd vintage solo that goes with it. I will post a thread after I am all done with all the step pictures for anyone who wants the step by step but here is a quick mock up nothing bolted to tightly and the seat just sitting on there for now. I am going to change the bolts for the struts attaching to frame and need to now buy lights and side mount plate and then of course paint.
Nice choice bro. You will love the kit. I'm really liking mine. I also have the suction seat for the wife.

Attached Thumbnails RSD TRACKER rear fender-img_2661.jpg   RSD TRACKER rear fender-img_2618.jpg  

Last edited by LoFatBoy; 04-08-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: can't spell
Old 04-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Markske
Cruiser

Bought an RSD tracker rear fender kit and got the rsd vintage solo that goes with it. I will post a thread after I am all done with all the step pictures for anyone who wants the step by step but here is a quick mock up nothing bolted to tightly and the seat just sitting on there for now. I am going to change the bolts for the struts attaching to frame and need to now buy lights and side mount plate and then of course paint.
Always liked the Train but hated the bobtail fender. This mod really suits the bike! I like it!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Green Hornet
Road Master

what ever happend to that springed seat they use to make for that kit? They dont have it on rsd site anymore!? I loved that springed seat look with that fender! The solo seat from mustang is nice looking with it as well! Bike gonna look killer when done, cant wait to see finished product!

Old 04-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by spdmtlrcng
The bobtail sucks ***** IMO. But it is just that, my opinion. Oh... and seat springs on a softail are dumb. Again, just my opinion. That last one was out of nowhere but it just bothered me.
That's funny, and I feel the same way about the seat springs.

OP: BIG improvement!

Old 04-08-2012, 08:35 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I've mentioned this before, but before I pulled the trigger on the HL EZ200 kit (and after getting torched by Demons Cycle) I did a LOT of research. I really dug the RSD Tracker kit, but the more I looked, the more I realized that the fender is designed to mate with their seat, which is designed to mate with their tank. And as I see in the OP's pix, the seat and the tank do not mate up perfectly. That would drive me NUTS looking down at that while riding.

Also, the ECM placement on the RSD (or lack thereof) bothered me. The HL fender comes with a box already welded in. Literally just dropped the ECM right in a bolted it snug. No cutting, welding, etc.

Looking back on it, I would've actually gotten the Bobber kit (actually meant for the Crossbones). The reason is that that fender mounts to the swingarm and not the frame, allowing the fender the really hug the tire- no lowering necessary.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:47 PM
spdmtlrcng
Advanced

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
I've mentioned this before, but before I pulled the trigger on the HL EZ200 kit (and after getting torched by Demons Cycle) I did a LOT of research. I really dug the RSD Tracker kit, but the more I looked, the more I realized that the fender is designed to mate with their seat, which is designed to mate with their tank. And as I see in the OP's pix, the seat and the tank do not mate up perfectly. That would drive me NUTS looking down at that while riding.

Also, the ECM placement on the RSD (or lack thereof) bothered me. The HL fender comes with a box already welded in. Literally just dropped the ECM right in a bolted it snug. No cutting, welding, etc.

Looking back on it, I would've actually gotten the Bobber kit (actually meant for the Crossbones). The reason is that that fender mounts to the swingarm and not the frame, allowing the fender the really hug the tire- no lowering necessary.
True. But won't you lose the ability to carry a passenger with a swing arm mounted fender?

Last edited by spdmtlrcng; 04-08-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Quick Reply: RSD TRACKER rear fender