Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Softail group.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012 | 09:28 PM
Ramboamt
|
Road Warrior
Default New to the Softail group.

Hello all,
as the title says I'm a noobe to the group, I have an '06 Sporster and been in the sporty group for years, and will be picking up our new 2012 Heritage Softail Classic in two weeks, going to the dealership this weekend for the owners birthday party and my wife and I are going to drool all over our new bike.

Just read the article about the loose rear wheel spokes, going to definitely take a look at that when we pick up the bike, that’s what I like about HD Forums everybody shares there experience and gives everybody else a heads up on problems.

Question, what pipes did you go from the stock pipes?
Is 2 into 1 better?
I have V&H short shots on my sporty with a modified Kuryakan Hyperflo air cleaner box and a K&N filter and had to fatten up the mixture to stop those dreaded POPS on decel. Will I have to remap the engine if I go to new pipes and a free flow air cleaner?
If I have to remap the engine what brand of fuelpac would you recommend?

Old 04-05-2012 | 09:43 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Post up a picture of your bike when you can. Sorry I can not help you on the Fuelpac. My Night Train has a carb.

Old 04-05-2012 | 09:52 PM
oct1949
Club Member

U've been a member in here for 4yrs and U have to ask one of the most Newbie Questions about pipes. A/C and tunes..

I don't mean to be rude But, I am just shaken my head on these questions U are asking after all the time and what U've learned in here.

Last edited by oct1949; 04-05-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-05-2012 | 10:16 PM
Papa Mike
Advanced

Ramboamt:

Congratulations on the Heritage Classic coming your way. I recently purchased my very first bike (an 07 Deluxe) from the same dealer in Baldwin Park, Ca. My sales person (Rick) and all the staff were very helpful and really pampered me. They also gave me a SMOKIN deal on a gorgeous, low mile bike.

I may swing by the dealer this weekend for the big shindig as well.

Mike

Old 04-05-2012 | 10:56 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oct1949
U've been a member in here for 4yrs and U have to ask one of the most Newbie Questions about pipes. A/C and tunes..
Awwww. C,mon man. We all in here know that the Softtailers are the most knowledgeable when it comes to performance. You can't blame a Sporty guy for not knowin. After all, he was a sporty guy. Have you seen their forum?! They all think a/c stands for "air conditioning!". Hahahahaha.

Yes, Ramboamt. A 2-1 is better for torque and performance. You have your pick of thunderheader, Vance n Hines, akropovich, just to name a few of the better performing pipes. Check out the Dyno thread at the top of the titles. A lot of good info there.

And welcome to the Softtail section. If you couldn't tell by other threads already, you better be ready for ALOTTA good natured ribbing here. In here there are ALOTTA sick rydes and even sicker minds!!!

Old 04-05-2012 | 11:08 PM
johngbrown66
Advanced

Hope to make it to the party Saturday. First nice weekend since I got my FB Lo so can't wait to ride other than work. I got it there also really good people.

Old 04-06-2012 | 05:38 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeppers...welcome aboard. As it was pointed out to me when I first arrived by the 2010DeluxeGuy, "No oil threads and only if your sneak skills are really good should you attempt getting into Socal's bottle of Jack!"

Old 04-06-2012 | 06:30 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

Welcome and enjoy the most versatile bike Harley makes.

Old 04-06-2012 | 06:39 AM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Yeppers...welcome aboard. As it was pointed out to me when I first arrived by the 2010DeluxeGuy, "No oil threads and only if your sneak skills are really good should you attempt getting into Socal's bottle of Jack!"

Hahahaha!!!!!
Early Happy Hour on Fridays at the Mermaid Tavern. Only 10 more hours!! Some good Firestone DBA. Of course only as a chaser to Ol No 7.

HAPPY FRIDAY BOYZ!!!

Old 04-06-2012 | 07:29 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome to the softail forum from a fellow softail owner. You are going to love your new bike.

Quick Reply: New to the Softail group.