Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Softail group.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012 | 07:34 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior

Welcome to the soft tail side of things!! You'll love your new bike!! NICE BIG change for you. Have fun and ride safe.

Old 04-06-2012 | 10:31 AM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior

V&H's in my opinion are the way to go, either long shots or big shot staggereds, whatever look you like best. I had a stage 2 on my bike when I added the V&H's and my bike ran smooth and clean afterward. If your motor is stock and you go this route, I'd get the fuel mgmt. pack also from V&H's. Of course, there are many other options for pipes available.

Old 04-06-2012 | 10:44 AM
11Heritage
Advanced

Congrats on your new Heritage! If you like yours half as much as I like mine, you'll have your head in the clouds for at least a month. As far as for a tuner, I went with the Power Vision from Fuel Moto. I love it and its easy as pie to use. Give Jamie a call and he will hook you up.

Old 04-06-2012 | 10:55 AM
mswmn
Road Master

Welcome...you're going to love that bike.

Old 04-08-2012 | 10:52 PM
Ramboamt
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by socal yankee
Awwww. C,mon man. We all in here know that the Softtailers are the most knowledgeable when it comes to performance. You can't blame a Sporty guy for not knowin. After all, he was a sporty guy. Have you seen their forum?! They all think a/c stands for "air conditioning!". Hahahahaha.

Yes, Ramboamt. A 2-1 is better for torque and performance. You have your pick of thunderheader, Vance n Hines, akropovich, just to name a few of the better performing pipes. Check out the Dyno thread at the top of the titles. A lot of good info there.

And welcome to the Softtail section. If you couldn't tell by other threads already, you better be ready for ALOTTA good natured ribbing here. In here there are ALOTTA sick rydes and even sicker minds!!!
Yeah we have those types over in the sporty group also. Some times they do make a point other times it's just (insert expletive here). The '06 XL1200C does not have fuel injection just the old carb. And I have never seen or heard of anybody running 2 into 1 on a sporty but I have seen and read about them on the bigger bikes so that's where the question came from, is it worth the expense to go to the 2 into 1 or just go with the straight shot or similar pipe. As for tuning I have no experience with the fuel injected bike, aircraft yes bike no, and I have been reading the articles in AIM about the onboard tuners out there and wanted an unbiased opinion about the onboard tuners.

Thanks for the info about the dyno thread.

Old 04-08-2012 | 11:11 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ramboamt
Yeah we have those types over in the sporty group also. Some times they do make a point other times it's just (insert expletive here). The '06 XL1200C does not have fuel injection just the old carb. And I have never seen or heard of anybody running 2 into 1 on a sporty but I have seen and read about them on the bigger bikes so that's where the question came from, is it worth the expense to go to the 2 into 1 or just go with the straight shot or similar pipe. As for tuning I have no experience with the fuel injected bike, aircraft yes bike no, and I have been reading the articles in AIM about the onboard tuners out there and wanted an unbiased opinion about the onboard tuners.

Thanks for the info about the dyno thread.
First, change your sig pic or at least dress Snoopie in skulls and shiet... lol

Had vh bss 2n2 pipe and know first hand you can feel more low to mid tq with a 2n1.

Pipes are a personal thing - looks, sound, performance, price... so take your time. Same with tuners - lots of choices and prices form eBay used devices for $100 to $600+ dyno and fuel management device.

Welcome!

Old 04-09-2012 | 08:47 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master

good luck on the unbiased opinions on fuel management haha. Take your time and do a lot of reasearch. It mostly depends on what you plan to do in the future as far as performance mods. I personally have the SERT and had it dyno tuned at the dealer. The only downside to the SERT is that it has to be tuned on a dyno and if im not mistaken, HD is the only place that tunes them. Ive got V&H big radius and a SE heavy breather. Although I have significantly more hp and tq from stock, I know I could have gotten more with a 2 into 1 but I just dont like the looks of any of them. So you have to decide on what is important to you. There is no 1 best set up. It all depends on what you want to accomplish. Did mine 2 yrs ago and its always ran great and I have had no issues with the bike whatsoever, well except that the guys in here forced me to drop $3k on it this winter. haha....enjoy your new scooter and keep an eye on your wallet

Old 04-12-2012 | 09:20 AM
Ramboamt
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by KumaRide
First, change your sig pic or at least dress Snoopie in skulls and shiet... lol

Had vh bss 2n2 pipe and know first hand you can feel more low to mid tq with a 2n1.

Pipes are a personal thing - looks, sound, performance, price... so take your time. Same with tuners - lots of choices and prices form eBay used devices for $100 to $600+ dyno and fuel management device.

Welcome!
Hopefully going to pick up the bike this weekend and will get some new pictures to use for my sig. Thanks for the info. Yes the look and feel are very impotent on a Harley.

Old 04-13-2012 | 02:59 PM
Ramboamt
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Papa Mike
Ramboamt:

Congratulations on the Heritage Classic coming your way. I recently purchased my very first bike (an 07 Deluxe) from the same dealer in Baldwin Park, Ca. My sales person (Rick) and all the staff were very helpful and really pampered me. They also gave me a SMOKIN deal on a gorgeous, low mile bike.

I may swing by the dealer this weekend for the big shindig as well.

Mike
My wife and made it to the party and we had a good time we even won a harley-davidson child chair in the raffle then we took some pictures with Bob Laidlaw. The BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs where really good also.

Old 05-16-2012 | 11:32 PM
Ramboamt
|
Road Warrior
Thumbs up Finally some pics!

Here are some of the pictures of our bike. It now has Bassani Road Rage 2-1 pipes on her. These are the pre production pipes, they should be out shortly. Gary at Bassani will let me know when they are available. These pipes have made a world of difference on this bike. They put them on with only 50 miles on the bike and on the way home I could feel the difference and I did not open her up yet.
They are going to use her for their adds for the Road Rage 2-1 for the 2012 Softail models.

The sound is, how can I describe it, hmmm, AWSOM. They have a deep rumble and are not overly loud and on the down shift they give that double rumble sound, CCCOOOOLLLLLLL

I will be posting a sound bite shortly.

Quick Reply: New to the Softail group.