Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddle Bags on 07 Softail Custom Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddle Bags on 07 Softail Custom Pics?

I'm looking for pics of saddlebags on a 2007 Softail Custom.I have the 06 Softail Standard...but I have the 07 Custom Seat on my bike, so the look would be the same...minus lots of chrome. <grin>
I'd like to get a vision what it will look like. And I need somewhere to carry my "Stuff."

Thanks in advance..
Ride safe..

Old 12-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Softail in 2007
Cruiser
Default RE: Saddle Bags on 07 Softail Custom Pics?

Well I did change the seat and triple tree, however these are the Iron Bags that we are all talking about, the quality can not be beat

[IMG]local://upfiles/11433/11CE8CBE8E6645E89C5CEE3446EB8740.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Softail in 2007
Cruiser

I loaded a few more pictures here......

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1084505/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#1084513

Old 12-28-2006, 07:46 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the response....
Are your bags "quick Release"?

Old 12-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Softail in 2007
Cruiser

Not as of yet, I believe that I will always want them on, that has been the battle to go ride, I always need to go get something.
Maybe in the furure I will make them quick release, Bubba's Brakes makes a quick release for most bags. see here http://www.bubbasbrakes.com/saddle_brackets.htm

Richard

Old 12-29-2006, 01:04 AM
skips69
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some pics in the Softail Custom owner's thread, but for better pics and more information check out the bike I used to own and had these same bags on in the Softail Standard owner's thread. They're detacheable bags.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Soft06,
Same here.. I just installed some Ironbags.. You'll see a bunch of threads in here about them..

Richard (Softail in 2007) went with the "Freedom" model. Sonar Chris and tmitchellofPG went with the "Iron Thunder" model. For softails, they range in size from the "Iron Bullet" to the "Thunder" and "Freedom" then to the "Iron Max". You can go from completely plain to fully decked out, studs, conchos, fringe, cargo straps, etc. Excellent leather, construction and fit. Max builds them to your bike based on year, exhaust, turn signals etc.

Here's my thread on my install: https://www.hdforums.com/m_1040217/tm.htm
Sonar Chris' thread: https://www.hdforums.com/m_696706/tm.htm
Page 3 of this thread has some comparisons of sizes: https://www.hdforums.com/m_605157/mpage_3/key_/tm.htm

They're not designed as a detachable but rather Max designed them to be extremely strong as a bolt on bag.. I really liked quick-detachability for sake of looks when just cruising around, but with the bags I just installed, they look awesome as is, so they're staying on and I certainly don't mind.. They still come off with a few bolts for wash-time. It would be interesting to see though if bubbasbrake's detach kit might work with them though.. The Iron Max's are just too big to do that with, and I'd have reservations about the Freedom bag also. They're fairly large and heavy bags.. made to fill up with rocks if you had to, totally unlike that 15lb limit I've read on some other bag specs.

To be fair.. Others that are popular I've seen in the forum are Leatherworks Inc. and Boss Bags. They are detachable.. Lworks bags use the easybracket system (extra) and the Boss Bags have their own proprietary detach setup. All seem to be priced pretty accordingly for what you get. I was just sold on Max's design, construction and looks.

Also, keep in mind if you go large, you might have to move those turn signals off the struts.. The signals and exhaust are the two main constraints for size/fit.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks to all for the Pics and advice. The people that belong to thisforum are great.
I will be looking hard at the "Saddlemen" bags today. I don't want to re-position my signals. So I will ask them about that.
Looks like I have more homework to do...

Ride Safe,,

Old 12-29-2006, 07:55 PM
skips69
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I have shared e-mail with you about my Saddlemen bags. Forgot to mention the turn signal re-location - it's not necessary to re-locate TS's if you make the brackets as I did and bolt themon and off of the bike (the brackets stay bolted to the bags all the time). They are not re-located on my 07' Custom. Bigger bags would require it more than likely though. I did re-locate them with these bags on the 05' Standard, but that was due to using a detacheable backrest. Then the bags came later, so it was already done. If I knew then, what I know now, I wouldn't have had to re-locate them then either. I could have made a simple and smallnotch in the detacheable backrest's side plates for easy clearance. Just a thought for you. Good hunting, and good luck with them.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks again Skip for all your info on the bags, it has helped!!
I'd rather NOT re-locate my turn signals.
SO i dunno....

Quick Reply: Saddle Bags on 07 Softail Custom Pics?