Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddle Bags on 07 Softail Custom Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Saddle Bags on 07 Softail Custom Pics?

For a lot of bags you might not have to move the signals.. Depends on the design of the bags.. A lot of harley bagsspecify the bike and will let you know.. You'll see a lot of bags requiring harley's relocation kit.. It's really not a "relocation" kit but rather just a skinnier mounting stud instead of the wing shaped mounts, to provide a little more clearance on the stud.. I'm talking from experience with a fatboy though so it might be a little different for the bobtail softails. With my bags, I totally had to remove the signals, which typically isn't the case for a lot of bags that say they fit FXST's.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:34 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Iron Thunder bags didnt require me to re-locate the signals but then again they are not quick detach like Babs said. If you ordered Iron bags they can set up the mounting system so that you dont have to re-locate the signals for most bags. But it all depends on the size you choose.

Chris

Old 12-31-2006, 12:15 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Exactly.. Chris' situation was great for the Iron Thunder bag.. Max was able to set them up to mount forward enough to allow for his signals.. On Tom's Iron Thunder bags, he ran into a little snag for that option because of his particular Screamin' Eagle chrome seat.. So he went with the standard mount and swapped out the signals to Kuryakyn's strut mounted mini-bullets (LED) which fit beautifully between the bags and the struts. Wasn't an option for me with the Iron Max bag because they're HUUUUGE.. hehe so the signals had to go. Point being not to scare you.. There are lots of bags out there you can go with, depending on you budget. Chris' bike was the thing that sold me on Max's bags.. Simply Gorgeous.

I can't wait to get some good pics uploaded when I get the final product out in the sun.. Needmy license plate frame to show up and some sun.. YUCKY weather.

By the way Soft06, I meant to say earlier.. That's a gorgeous scoot.. I like the red. Pretty bike! [8D] Trying to imagine that color on a fatboy... Yum!

Old 12-31-2006, 12:26 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Here's another style of bag in a "slant" pattern by Leatherworks which would fit that quick-detach idea.. Leatherworksinc.com

or

I think the slant bags look great on bobtails.. These particular bags have a flat backing for installing easybrackets. I like the Indian Head nickels.. Nice touch. Another small company that makes a pretty sharp saddlebag.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:54 AM
skips69
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, lot's of options and ideas out there. All good. That's the fun of it.........

Old 12-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Babs, Skip, Chris...WOW what a great bunch of posts and ideas for me to kick around in my grey matter! I can't thank you enough!
I do LIKE the slant look alot Babs. I don't want a huge bag, but perhaps one that has those longer straps so the jackets could be folded up on top. Hmmm
More for the grey matter to ponder. Henry Ford had it right..."You can have any color Model T you want, as long as it's Black."
So many choices...LOL
And Babs, thanks for the "gorgeous scoot" comment, always nice to hear!
My freind Faction95 and I spent a little time washing and waxing it yesterday and I swear it's prettier than the day I picked her up! Had her up on the Sears yellow lift, made it so much easier to do.
Back to surfing and looking..
Peace,
and Ride Safe...

Faction95's Fat Boy and My Standard on a previous ride here in Calif.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:27 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

I think I'm going to go with these bags. A little expensive but I only haveone bikeand the bags match the seat I have. (Texture and little buttons are the same) Big enough for my "stuff" and jackets if need be. What do you guys think? And which quick release system is the best in your opinions?
Thanking the forum one more time!

Old 01-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Pretty cool. That looks like a Harley bag, so you better check with the parts guys on quick-detachability. Harley does make a detachable bag now I think but not sure if it fits the styling you're after. I did have their locking leather bags I sold to go with the bigger bags.. They had a typical Harley mounting bracket on back.. I went with Barebacks by Cycle Visions (quick detach system).. Worked great.. Only complaint was with the detach sissybar and the detach hardware on the bags, it did extend the bags out a bit from the bike.. Which you can expect with either the barebacks or easybracket systems. The barebacks did work great for me though.. Very simple.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

Babs;
I agree on checking with parts guy on quick release system. I got to looking around more in the parts book (Harley wish book) at different bags and even tho I like the look of the bags i posted here, I'm now wondering if they will be too small. *760 cubic inches*(Sigh) So...with that said I'm thinking more along the lines of these now*pic below 900 cubic inches*..and going to my dealer this AM to talk it over.
Your input has really helped me,,,Thank you once again!

Ride Safe...

Old 01-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

My pleasure.. Hope I helped more than confused.

Quick Reply: Saddle Bags on 07 Softail Custom Pics?