Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3/4 helment let's see them

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012 | 01:52 PM
toprat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Benway
Man, I have to say... you look kinda uncomfortable on that bike... (very sweet tho!)
Nope, riding position doesnt bother me a bit, plus i usually dont do to many 200 mile days. its all good!

Old 11-01-2012 | 03:56 PM
grumman581
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vic Bronco
I was wearing my Hustler when I got in my accident last week, and have some pretty nice cuts on my face and inside my mouth to show for it, and yes, the accident was less than a mile from my driveway. I just picked up a full face helmet yesterday on the insurance company's dime to replace the Hustler, but I'm still debating picking up an open face helmet next summer once I wear the FF for a while and see how it feels on longer rides or in the city.

While I can respect Grumman's point of view, having just gone through the kind of wreck he was talking about, I'm not exactly going to sit here and preach to a bunch of grown adults about whether or not to wear a full face helmet or not, we all know the risks involved well enough to make informed decisions.
It's all a compromise between safety, comfort, and looks... Each of us has our own priorities with respect to these issues... A helmet that is not comfortable, you're not going to wear as often and thus it won't be as safe... I'm had large areas ground off the front and sides of my helmet from the initial impact with the concrete and the subsequent sliding along it... I firmly believe that helmets have significantly contributed to my still being alive after some of the wrecks that I had... I still fully support the right of each of us to make our own decision though and choose when or even IF we wear a helmet...

How well a full coverage helmet seals on the front visor is going to affect the level of noise that you experience while wearing it... One full coverage helmet that I had allowed enough air to leak around the face shield that you could just barely keep you eyes open at 140 mph on a sportbike...

If I'm going on a trip and there is a chance that it might rain, I'm going to be carrying my full coverage helmet with me... If it is cold, I'm going to be wearing the full coverage helmet... About the only time I'm not wearing it is for quick trips around the neighborhood and such... I have also found that I tend to wear it more often if I'm on a sportbike than if I'm on my Harley... Probably because it's so easy to be accidentally going 85+ mph on the sportbike without any effort due to the sensitivity of the throttle...

Old 11-01-2012 | 07:31 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks is all to you my man, glad to see you still kicking around. You're a stand up dude.
thanks again...lol..yep still around, actually now I am buying biltwells, striping them, then selling them

Old 11-01-2012 | 08:37 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

Originally Posted by brettnbama
thanks again...lol..yep still around, actually now I am buying biltwells, striping them, then selling them
Nice. I may have to send you a FF helmet for striping if I convert to them full time, or wait for the new El Fuertes and have that one done up. I'm hoping they didn't change the shape of the helmet too much from the Hustler, it was the only 3/4 I saw that actually fit my head properly.

Of course I'll have to wait until I have a bike to match it to anyway.

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:02 PM
Toonz
Cruiser

Previously wore a half helmet but just got a Lick's 3/4 over the weekend and am liking it so far. Very comfortable and soooo light. Now that the temps are dropping in the mornings (50's) the 3/4 is much warmer. It cuts out the wind noise but I still hear my engine plenty. It'll take me a while to get used to the extra effort turning my head but I don't mind that. Still works with my headphones so all in all I'm happy with the purchase.

I didn't get the visor for it but am considering one. I've never riden with one so I don't want it to be a wasted purchase.

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:33 PM
NorCal Dog
Road Master

got a large black matte NovDot that i wore like once & put it back in the bag, that needs a new home for $70. shipped, pm me

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:44 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

My Joe King Speed Shop. Smallest 3/4 by a long shot. (not DOT - please spare the lectures ) It is by far the most comfortable helmet I have ever had on my head (it is a plush satin liner)and zero wind noise.

Old 11-02-2012 | 03:59 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member

here is one of mine

Old 11-02-2012 | 06:37 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Nice. I may have to send you a FF helmet for striping if I convert to them full time, or wait for the new El Fuertes and have that one done up. I'm hoping they didn't change the shape of the helmet too much from the Hustler, it was the only 3/4 I saw that actually fit my head properly.

Of course I'll have to wait until I have a bike to match it to anyway.
I kept my el fuerte after the recall. The only difference I have noticed in fit is the hustler seems to be a little more snug at the ear flaps than the el fuerte is. I am a large in both and in the rockhard. If you decide to go with a biltwell, let me know before you buy.

Old 11-02-2012 | 10:34 AM
Forge
Road Captain

Those of you who have tried many styles of open face......I currently wear a 2XL Fulmer...it fits OK (little tight)...I have a round head (they say it is all about head shape). What low profile (anti-bobblehead)...helmet would you recommend for a round head--2xl guy??

I know it would be easier to just try them all on but the local bike shops don't carry the larger size in stock (they want you to order them first).

Quick Reply: 3/4 helment let's see them