Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Finished

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, just glad you are alright. I know going home from work one morning in my car, 5 in the morning, there he was. I just swirved out of instinct, I still don't know how I missed him. As for being on a bike and that happening to me? Well, I just hope I am good with the good Lord is about all I can say. I too scan constantly. I would say that every accident I avoided, I did so because of how I ride and how I scan. The slightest movment and I react. As for what causes most accidents? Throw in drinking too, sad to say. I know everyone likes to have a beer or stop here and there for a beer but to many and its deadly. I have seen it over and over again. I have when I was young and dumb drank and rode, how I survived I still don't know. Today? I refuse to drink and drive. I know how I am when I drink, I can't seem to have just one so I have learned and I have none. As for anything else? well....Yea...I do like to do that once in a while!!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Detroit Iron
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

You were going to put spokes on the bike. Changed plans?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 AM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Detroit Iron
You were going to put spokes on the bike. Changed plans?
Ran out of money!

By the way, the pic in my sig is how it used to look.. I haven't updated it with the way it looks now.. It doesn't look a whole lot different. Just the new intake, engine guard and seat.. and it's lower now.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 AM
rrambo
Tourer

Originally Posted by Snowyone
The tire had a bunch of deer hair between tube and tire.
HA!! you mean like this?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:22 AM
rrambo
Tourer

Originally Posted by DC_Night_Train
Great looking fatboy. Glad you're okay after that accident. Is the Zippers intake a stage I or II intake? How do the BCT baffles compare to stock in terms of performance and sound? I've got a stage I arlen ness intake and the V and H pipes with the ThunderMax ECU. I'm thinking about doing Cams next but want to make sure I make any other mods that are needed to get the most from the cams. Sounds like it's been working out for you lol.
All I can say is the Zippers was considered a max flow a/c.. had the new backing plate and a deeper filter (ie, the whole thing sticks out farther than stock)

If you have a good intake, pipes, and the thundermax, I would say you're ready for cams..

Cams have made the largest difference in seat of the pants HP and sound.

The BCT baffles are awesome.. I started out with the stock V&H baffles.. then I took them out and ran without baffles..

The BCT baffles add some backpressure back without restricting much flow and make a completely different sound.. deeper growl..

Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 AM
rrambo
Tourer

Originally Posted by oct1949
Please don't just talk about the cams

Post up the sheet so I and others can see what they do..

Did U also post the sheet in the Dyno's for Softails THREAD,????

Then we can see what they really do..

Haven't had it dyno'd yet.. I know seat-of-the-pants HP is objective as hell, but it really does feel and sound like a different bike.. When I first rolled the throttle hard I couldn't wipe the $hit eating grin off my face..