Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Shot Longs are On

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Faceless
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AirBoyzT
and total noob question, what is a stage 1?
Stage one is Pipes Hi Flow Air Cleaner (theres a ton of options on this I went with the screaming eagle as theres no need to oil the filter just wash in the sink let dry & good to go) & finally some type of fuel management system (once again a ton of options personally I just got the dealer map downloaded on my ecm not the best but was only 150 bucks till I can get her dynoed do some research you can buy systems that plug into your ecm or just get a dyno whatever fits in your budget)

Old 03-25-2012, 10:23 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faceless
Stage one is Pipes Hi Flow Air Cleaner (theres a ton of options on this I went with the screaming eagle as theres no need to oil the filter just wash in the sink let dry & good to go) & finally some type of fuel management system (once again a ton of options personally I just got the dealer map downloaded on my ecm not the best but was only 150 bucks till I can get her dynoed do some research you can buy systems that plug into your ecm or just get a dyno whatever fits in your budget)
Yea, I have a carbeuretor, so I guess re-jetting that would be the equivalent of ECM?

Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

lol, any advice on how to get the reflectors off and types of air filers to use for replacement?
I use dental floss. Cuts right thru the tape on the back of the reflector. Heavy fishing line will work. Just dont use anything to scratch the paint or chrome. There is a thread on hear about how to chop the football to end up with just the center of the football. I have a stage one filter with the chopped football. Easy to do and doesnt cost a dime. Stage one is pipes, intake, and fuel controller. Makes a difference.

Stone

Old 03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser

Originally Posted by t stone
I use dental floss. Cuts right thru the tape on the back of the reflector. Heavy fishing line will work. Just dont use anything to scratch the paint or chrome. There is a thread on hear about how to chop the football to end up with just the center of the football. I have a stage one filter with the chopped football. Easy to do and doesnt cost a dime. Stage one is pipes, intake, and fuel controller. Makes a difference.

Stone
I guess I could always get the stage 1 with a custom derby cover right? And are air cleaners different if you have a carburetor?

Last edited by AirBoyzT; 03-25-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Bflener
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pipes look great! I could be biased because that's what I'm running, you will love the sound of them.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:50 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had them on my 08 Heritage & loved them. One thing you may want to do is look into the V&H Quiet Baffles. They give the sound alot deeper tone than they come with from V&H. Congrats, it's gonna look sick with a big set of apes!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:13 AM
t stone
Road Master

I guess I could always get the stage 1 with a custom derby cover right? And are air cleaners different if you have a carburetor?
Hey bro, Im not sure what your asking about the derby cover?? Also im not sure if the EFI air cleaner is the same size as the carb air cleaner. Probably not. Sorry bro. not much help here.

Stone

Old 03-26-2012, 12:18 AM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser

Hey bro, Im not sure what your asking about the derby cover?? Also im not sure if the EFI air cleaner is the same size as the carb air cleaner. Probably not. Sorry bro. not much help here.

Stone
I took a sleeping pill lol, I meant custom air cleaner cover lol....night, I'll figure it out in the morning, any recommendations on which air cleaner to get...I've seen screaming eagle and K&N so far, like the look of the screaming eagle, but not sure where to get a stage one kit for a 2006 Deluxe FLSTN Carbeurated

Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 AM
t stone
Road Master

There has to be a ton of guys on here that could point you in the right direction. When do the apes get here? Your sled is going to look good.

Stone

Old 03-26-2012, 04:44 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser

There has to be a ton of guys on here that could point you in the right direction. When do the apes get here? Your sled is going to look good.

Stone
Apes are here, waiting on Magnum Cables to arrive this week! next I think I'm getting a le pera seat and then onto 21 front wheel, 18 rear....Mammoth Wheels is what I'm thinking

le pera seat I am getting bare bones with red diamond stitch, and the wheels can't decide if I want to go chrome, or red rim with diamond chrome spokes (My bike is black pearl with the red pin striping)

Quick Reply: Big Shot Longs are On