Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Shot Longs are On

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:00 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AirBoyzT
Actually did notice significant power gain, it's the BS Longs, and they are technically 2 into 1 with the look of 2 into 2, def work the money over the longshots!
Right on brother, right on, significant, nonetheless!

What tuner you got controlling all those horses? Get rid of that football and feed that monster some air before you choke out all those gains.

Finish up your stage 1 and you might find some gains, significant...that's a stretch. Until then, the "significant" gains were all in the beer your drank installing them and the great sound of a V&H system!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:05 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok, excuse my lack of knowledge about these pipes, they are a true 2 into 1? Meaning these pipes are NOT 2 single pipes that run the length of the bike but are in fact joined and just appear as 2 single pipes? They do look nicer and if they are a true 2 into 1 that explains the power gain you have noticed. I was never a 2 into 1 kinda guy until I bought this bike and it already had this pipe on it. I still prefer the looks of a few other pipes out there but as for performance, I can't bring myself to replace them...........yet. I always opt for performance over looks everytime.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:08 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great. I used to really like the looks of the Long Shot Pipes. A buddy had a set on his Fatboy. But, after I saw a set of Samson 39's I was ruined. For nothing will ever be able to compare to a set of Samson 39's. Except maybe the 42's.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Faceless
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Ok, excuse my lack of knowledge about these pipes, they are a true 2 into 1? Meaning these pipes are NOT 2 single pipes that run the length of the bike but are in fact joined and just appear as 2 single pipes? They do look nicer and if they are a true 2 into 1 that explains the power gain you have noticed. I was never a 2 into 1 kinda guy until I bought this bike and it already had this pipe on it. I still prefer the looks of a few other pipes out there but as for performance, I can't bring myself to replace them...........yet. I always opt for performance over looks everytime.
This is off the V/H website:
Maintain the intimidating look of a 2-into-2 system while achieving the performance advantages that come with a 2-into-1 race system. Big Shots Long feature our proprietary Power Chamber design which uses the volume of both mufflers to increase horsepower and torque.

I'm so excited to get mine on Monday
DK claimed they' be here Thursday but no such luck.
But after waiting 2 months to buy then guess I can wait another week. grrrr.....
Oh and defiantly ditch the ham can for a stage one set up
You can totally feel your bike breathe better buy combining pipes & AC set up.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:04 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

bike is lookin awesome. You might want to think about floorboard extensions if you dont have them. That will keep your boots off of the front header. Ask NC D'lux about cleaning boot rubber off the pipes every week haha. Did you make it out to Daytona?

Old 03-25-2012, 12:02 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Those are really good looking pipes. If I didn't have duals, those would be the pipes I would choose. They really accent the long, low look of the bike. And they sound great too.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:10 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Looks good...you are not going to notice any power gains when going with long pipes. After a few brews you may feel some power gain though.

True, The short pipes and the long pipes will not make as good as TQ as the BR's2-2's or BSS's under 3K.. after that there about the same.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:34 PM
The88Beast04
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking sweet with those new pipes. I can't wait to get them installed on mine!

Old 03-25-2012, 02:53 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Right on brother, right on, significant, nonetheless!

What tuner you got controlling all those horses? Get rid of that football and feed that monster some air before you choke out all those gains.

Finish up your stage 1 and you might find some gains, significant...that's a stretch. Until then, the "significant" gains were all in the beer your drank installing them and the great sound of a V&H system!
I just now read all of that post and liked to have fell out of my chair laughing!!!!

Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
I just now read all of that post and liked to have fell out of my chair laughing!!!!
To borrow a quote from you, you have to love those people that have a Dyno built into their asses.

Quick Reply: Big Shot Longs are On