Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bright headlamp??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 AM
softailJoe
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But has anybody used or heard of the black dot headlight ?I posted a link , I think it will look nice and if I throw in the bulb Spydyr posted a link to could be a inexpensive cool looking fix !!?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM
wildrooster
Tourer

I have done the 100w bulb an hid kit the dual beam lamp and the led light and for me the end result the one that brightens the best in my opinion is the led light. In fact I have the dual beam just laying in the shop collecting dust only used it for a week before I bit the bullet and bought the led one from a dealer offering a 20% off deal

Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Totally Bored
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spydyr
I have this on my Fatboy & the wife's Heritage...
http://www.harborfreight.com/9003-su...ulb-98247.html

Best $7 ever spent. Kuryakn has a set of auxillary blue lights that are at my local dealer. They were $40 I think.... I can't ride in front of my wife's Heritage if she has those on.... I'm seriously blinded by them!!!!
Did you install that and remove the "diffuser" like someone said in another post ?

My main issue is that when I run the bike during the day with the low beams it seems useless so I turn on the high beams. Is it the diffuser thingy ?

Wouldn't mind a brighter bulb at night also.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I run the HD LED headlight, it works the best so far. I tried the silverstar which is better than the stock bulb. I'm pretty much sold on LEDS they do work real good

Old 03-24-2012, 02:49 PM
The88Beast04
Road Captain

I convinced my bud to get the H-D LED headlight and turn signal setup on his 94 Dyna after we did some night riding on unfamiliar roads and he had to keep it slow since his old headlight wasn't throwing out that much light.
I could tell he wasn't as impressed with it in person as the video showed because he would occasionally put on the hi beam to see if it was even on...
And then when I got my Softail and I rode behind him for a day, he said my stock lamp was wicked bright.
What I noticed was his LED lamp lit up signs and reflectors instantly and from so far away, but as for the road it seemed to be just about visible infront of you, but a bit brighter in the distance.
My stock lamp just seems like... well, a lamp.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:45 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Totally Bored
Did you install that and remove the "diffuser" like someone said in another post ?
I recently removed the diffuser, I kept the stock bulb.. low beam is much better at night.. high beam seems brighter, I am leaving it like that..

Also... when I had my Sportster, I used the Sylvania Silverstars, quite bright but they didn't last even 4 months... I then switched to PIAA (anti-vibration type)... equally bright and lasts much longer than the Silverstars... here is the link to the PIIA I used:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ms_ohs_product

Old 03-24-2012, 10:32 PM
mac1911
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would definitely recommend the HD LED. Simply incredible.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:33 PM
discodave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend getting an HID conversion kit. You can get a good one for under a hundred bucks and they're plug and play. If you can find one that has bulbs with the cap on the end it will spread the light more evenly and you won't blind the hell out of people. In most cases you can tuck the ballast and all wiring inside your headlight bucket. The light is amazing and they last forever. A lot of people are recommending Silverstars and bulbs like that, but I can tell you that they look like candles compared to an HID bulb. If you still with 4300k or 5000k (temperature of the light) then they're very white and not blue at all. I just bought a kit for my Night Train that I'll be installing in a few days. This is the kind of kit that has bulbs I'm talking about. Got mine from hidcountry.com .

Old 03-30-2012, 12:33 AM
softailJoe
Advanced

Thanks all , got a lot of good info to consider now ,a hundred bucks not bad for a good system discodave ,thanks for the link,I'm kind of sad that nobody has experience with the" black dot light" though , I think they will look cool?
Cheers

Old 03-30-2012, 10:18 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick Reply: bright headlamp??