Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Danny Gray Weekday Solo or C&C Solo Seat?
Danny Gray Solo
36.67%
C&C Solo
63.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Danny Gray Weekday Solo or C&C Solo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:46 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Well, it doesn't physically move you too far, but you can definitely feel the difference. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much for your contols.

Roger

Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Kristie
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wabbit
Yeah, I called over today to see about ordering one and I had some questions about customization. You must have talked to someone else, because the guy I was talking to sounded like he didn't want to talk to me at all. Not very helpful. We'll see how it goes...
Hey Wabbit,

I'm Kristie I run the facebook page for Danny Gray. We have an incredible in house commercial designer that could give you a mock up of the assault wings that your looking for that will work with your budget. As for talking with the expert of all experts when it comes to seats you'll want to call or email sherry @ tel:888-443-2669 X 104 -sherry@dannygray.com you won't be disappointed

Old 03-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Kristie
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by t stone
I have a Danny Gray Buttcrack solo on mine. It is pretty firm. I have ridden 400 mile days on this seat. IMO is better on my lower back than the stocker. The seat is leather and well built. No complaints here.

Stone
Stone I love this picture - that has to be the coolest garage I've ever seen! Do you mind if I post it on the danny gray facebook site?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So would anyone have an opinion on leather seat vs vinyl?
Mainly I am wondering if the leather is that much more comfortable than vinyl.
Most are going to make the seat with leather on the seated area and vinyl on the sides since it flexes and retains it's shape better that leather would in that area.
They will make a all leather cover if that's what you want though.

I was going to go with blue leather, but Sherry said they didn't have a shade of blue to compliment the Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe on my bike.
So I got a solo with blue stitching.

Firm with gel insert, but great for 4 hr plus rides.
Many seats that feel soft while trying them out parked, compress during the ride and don't offer as much comfort as the seats that are designed with closed/dense cell foam.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Wabbit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kristie
Hey Wabbit,

I'm Kristie I run the facebook page for Danny Gray. We have an incredible in house commercial designer that could give you a mock up of the assault wings that your looking for that will work with your budget. As for talking with the expert of all experts when it comes to seats you'll want to call or email sherry @ tel:888-443-2669 X 104 -sherry@dannygray.com you won't be disappointed
Thanks Kristie, I looked into it and though the Danny Gray seats sound well made and I did talk to Sherry, who was very helpful, the price difference is pretty significant, enough to make the C&C, which got great reviews here, sound like a better value.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Kristie
3rd Gear

Thanks Kristie, I looked into it and though the Danny Gray seats sound well made and I did talk to Sherry, who was very helpful, the price difference is pretty significant, enough to make the C&C, which got great reviews here, sound like a better value.
Ahh that's too bad but Thanks for looking into it, be sure to post pics and if I can help with anything in the future let me know

Old 03-27-2012, 02:48 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Stone I love this picture - that has to be the coolest garage I've ever seen! Do you mind if I post it on the danny gray facebook site?
Thats my kitchen. Just kidding. Ya go ahead and use the pic no problem. Put it on your web site. A couple years ago my son put his new sled (snow mobile) in my shop and put some pics up on his facebook. He got a comment saying with a sled that cool I would park it in the kitchen to.

Stone

Old 03-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Kristie
3rd Gear

Thank you! It's posted- feel free to tag yourself in it.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DannyG...27433487322628

Old 03-28-2012, 10:47 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you! It's posted- feel free to tag yourself in it.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DannyG...27433487322628
Kristie, You mentioned the shop and the seat but I have a hell of alot more $$$$$$$ in my sled than the shop and seat. HAHA. Thanks for the props.

Stone

Old 06-15-2020, 07:54 AM
Ballistic_21
Advanced
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Is the Danny gray but rack solo seat decent for long rides or which one should I choose.

Quick Reply: Danny Gray Weekday Solo or C&C Solo?