Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Danny Gray Weekday Solo or C&C Solo Seat?
Danny Gray Solo
34.48%
C&C Solo
65.52%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Danny Gray Weekday Solo or C&C Solo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
chap!
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave & Chuck are the guys I dealt with, all my order was sorted out & made over the Internet with emails being due to living in the UK, all emails answered super quick, all questions answered well, then they even sent pictures to & from, so's to get it just right! Kept me well informed during build & delivery & actually asked for my feedback once I'd received it! Well happy!

Old 03-20-2012, 06:21 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Danny Gray Buttcrack solo on mine. It is pretty firm. I have ridden 400 mile days on this seat. IMO is better on my lower back than the stocker. The seat is leather and well built. No complaints here.

Stone

Old 03-20-2012, 06:25 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I cant say anything about the Danny Gray as I've never tried one, but I have the C&C solo and its real good, really well made and reasonably comfortable for a low profile seat.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Wabbit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So would anyone have an opinion on leather seat vs vinyl?
Mainly I am wondering if the leather is that much more comfortable than vinyl.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:52 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

If we're going on a really long ride, I usually switch to my Mustang Wide Touring. Usually that means I'm running my bags and taking the wife along, and the Mustang is just designed more for the endurance runs.

I can do a few hundred miles on the Solo, but at that point will certainly feel it in my butt.

And I can't say how vinyl does, as mine are leather. I'm extremely happy with mine.

Not sure who you spoke with or what the circumstances were, but next time be sure you're talking with Chuck - he's the owner and did a great job when I ordered mine several years ago now.

Roger

Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 PM
cobra2411
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the difference between the Solo and LoPro Solo? Has anyone compared the two? I've either got to move my seat back or controls forward and I'm looking for a new seat so... I've got a stock HD heritage solo seat from a 94 ST on there now and I had the stock pillow 2-up seat and both had me about 2" too far forward for my taste. I'm always trying to scooch back and end up sitting half off the seat and after 20-30 miles my *** hurts.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:18 AM
2008crossbones
Road Captain

danny gray seats are very hard... look cool though,,,

Old 03-24-2012, 08:58 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wabbit
Yeah, I called over today to see about ordering one and I had some questions about customization. You must have talked to someone else, because the guy I was talking to sounded like he didn't want to talk to me at all. Not very helpful. We'll see how it goes...
I had that experience also, but next time you call, ask for Chuck...he'll take good care of you. I love my solo. I got the detachable backrest with it, not as happy with the backrest because it doesnt come forward enough to be useful, but I did find a fix for it from a guy here on the forum. Just havent had the time to make the mod yet. The c&c is also cheaper than the buttcrack

Old 03-24-2012, 11:20 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by cobra2411
I've either got to move my seat back or controls forward and I'm looking for a new seat so... I've got a stock HD heritage solo seat from a 94 ST on there now and I had the stock pillow 2-up seat and both had me about 2" too far forward for my taste. I'm always trying to scooch back and end up sitting half off the seat and after 20-30 miles my *** hurts.
The Solo moves you down and back... makes you feel like you're sitting in the bike, while the Mustang or stock Harley seat makes me feel like I'm sitting on the bike.

Roger

Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Wabbit
Tourer

Originally Posted by tunaman
The Solo moves you down and back... makes you feel like you're sitting in the bike, while the Mustang or stock Harley seat makes me feel like I'm sitting on the bike.

Roger
How much does it move you back? I just had my shifter and brake pedal extended by an inch and a half because I wanted to stretch my legs out. Will this seat make it too long?

I did end up getting some very helpful emails from Chuck, so I know what I am looking for now. The only issue is that I want to embroider air assault wings on the back of the seat, but the one they showed isn't good detail, so I am trying to find someone who can do better embroidery.

Quick Reply: Danny Gray Weekday Solo or C&C Solo?