Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1 Wires, Does this sound right?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:48 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wild 1 Wires, Does this sound right?

Called Wild 1 today and told them I got 16" Chubbies and a 2006 Softail Deluxe and am using 1.5" Risers. They told me +10 on all the cables, except the clutch they said +8.

I guess I have a couple questions.

Which cables should I go with, I was thinking Magnum or Drag Specialties?

What size is stock length, I guess I just add 10 inches and 8 inches for the clutch?

What cables do I need exactly? Clutch, Throttle, Idle and Brake? I just am replacing the ones from the handle bars.

I appreciate the Help!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser

Will someone please answer....I'm waiting to order these....

Old 03-16-2012, 09:01 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Wish I knew..BUMP...

Old 03-16-2012, 09:10 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you contact a vendor to place your order and tell them like you did Wild 1 what you have and are doing, they'll normally fit you with the cable lengths you need.

The one vendor I suggested, I'm not sure if you contacted him, but he would likely order up what you need. Just a suggestion and it saves you from having to learn the cable business. I think most would hook you up, and if you found a west coast vendor you may luck out and could get them on the phone yet tonight. If for nothing else to pick their brain on part numbers and what you need.

Put it on the vendor, it's what they do and if they're wrong, they'll replace it. If your wrong, your normally screwed.

Just trying to help since you haven't gotten any help yet and I know you want to get these ordered yesterday.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
If you contact a vendor to place your order and tell them like you did Wild 1 what you have and are doing, they'll normally fit you with the cable lengths you need.

The one vendor I suggested, I'm not sure if you contacted him, but he would likely order up what you need. Just a suggestion and it saves you from having to learn the cable business. I think most would hook you up, and if you found a west coast vendor you may luck out and could get them on the phone yet tonight. If for nothing else to pick their brain on part numbers and what you need.

Put it on the vendor, it's what they do and if they're wrong, they'll replace it. If your wrong, your normally screwed.

Just trying to help since you haven't gotten any help yet and I know you want to get these ordered yesterday.
I contacted your guy and he said he needed to know the stock length, IDK...I'll try calling Hill Country Cycles one more time, maybe they will freakin return my call this time

Old 03-16-2012, 09:28 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't I send the OEM cable lengths the other night? It may have been someone else.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Holy relax bud. Go to Magnums website. You can enter which bike you have and the site will tell you the stock lengths and you can order all the "+" sizes that you need.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Oh and if you're doing a bar upgrade you'll also need wire extensions. Why don't you get the bars, mock them up and then measure for what you need. That way you don't order something that's too short or too long. I know it sucks waiting but damn its better to do it right the first time

Old 03-16-2012, 09:33 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
Holy relax bud. Go to Magnums website. You can enter which bike you have and the site will tell you the stock lengths and you can order all the "+" sizes that you need.
yea I did that man and they have like 3 different brake cables and I don't know which ones....think you can take a look and see which brake cable it is. 2006 Harley Deluxe....I wasn't sure which brake cable to get

Old 03-16-2012, 09:36 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
Oh and if you're doing a bar upgrade you'll also need wire extensions. Why don't you get the bars, mock them up and then measure for what you need. That way you don't order something that's too short or too long. I know it sucks waiting but damn its better to do it right the first time
lol more stuff...I guess I'll figure it out lol

Quick Reply: Wild 1 Wires, Does this sound right?