Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joining the Softail ranks

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012 | 09:46 PM
mac1911
Road Master

Welcome and enjoy the new Softail!

Old 03-09-2012 | 10:51 PM
ACRoadKing
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Faceless
Congrats on the new bike.
Personally I wouldn't own anything but a soft tail.
Just always loved the look.
I am thinking of getting those same V/H Big Shot Longs.
Curious of how they sound & how they look on the bike.
Can kinda see them in your first pic
Any chance of another pic with a side shot of the pipes?
Sorry, I haven't finalized the sale yet so I don't have access to the bike. But I'll be happy to take and post a better pic of the pipes once I take delivery. I can tell you, they sound amazing! I'm pretty sure they're going to be pretty loud.

Old 03-13-2012 | 02:20 PM
tomscub
Stage III
Default Road King to Softail Heritage

Hey, ACRoadking!

I think that there is only about 50 lbs differance between the RKC and the Heritage Classic. What attracted you the most about movng from the Road King to the Heritage? I'm shopping now and leaning towards the King Classic. I just thought that since most of my rides are 200 milers, with 2 up, that the RKC, with Cruise would offer a bit more comfort, and still offer a light bike, without all of the tupperware.

Tom

Old 03-13-2012 | 08:03 PM
The88Beast04
Road Captain

I'm ditching the V&H BS Staggered pipes I got now and going with BS Longs with Quiet Baffles.
Always loved how the Longshots or BS Longs looked on a Heritage though...

Old 03-13-2012 | 08:32 PM
VigilantOutlaw
Road Master

Originally Posted by Faceless
I am thinking of getting those same V/H Big Shot Longs.
Curious of how they sound & how they look on the bike.
I'm suppose to getting the V&H BSL on my Deluxe this week along with the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 kit. Last year I had the Zippers ThunderMax AT installed on my bike to help reduce the decel popping. When I have the BSL's installed I'll let you know how they sound.

Old 03-13-2012 | 08:32 PM
ACRoadKing
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tomscub
Hey, ACRoadking!

I think that there is only about 50 lbs differance between the RKC and the Heritage Classic. What attracted you the most about movng from the Road King to the Heritage? I'm shopping now and leaning towards the King Classic. I just thought that since most of my rides are 200 milers, with 2 up, that the RKC, with Cruise would offer a bit more comfort, and still offer a light bike, without all of the tupperware.

Tom
Actually, I'm moving from an 09 Ultra Classic. I traded in my Road King for it back in 09. So the weight difference is about 200lbs between my 09 Ultra and the 02 Heritage.. Now to go all the way back as to why I chose a RKC over Heritage, it was mainly because I wanted a touring bike. I wanted the air shocks, the cruise control and the positioning that a touring bike gives that different than the Softail. Sometimes I wish I still had that bike, but I'm really looking forward to riding the Heritage.

Old 03-13-2012 | 09:43 PM
streeteagle
Club Member

Enjoy that Softail, they're a great family.

Old 03-13-2012 | 11:20 PM
Faceless
Cruiser

Originally Posted by VigilantOutlaw
I'm suppose to getting the V&H BSL on my Deluxe this week along with the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 kit. Last year I had the Zippers ThunderMax AT installed on my bike to help reduce the decel popping. When I have the BSL's installed I'll let you know how they sound.
Excellent I'll be waiting, the more input the better thanks to everyone.

Old 03-13-2012 | 11:32 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

You and I are in the making the same move. I have a Ultra and just bought a Softail too. I kept the Ultra for my rides with my wife, but the Softail will see lots of Solo miles.

Old 03-14-2012 | 09:03 AM
ACRoadKing
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
You and I are in the making the same move. I have a Ultra and just bought a Softail too. I kept the Ultra for my rides with my wife, but the Softail will see lots of Solo miles.
Very nice, I wish I could keep both but with a kid about to start college, well...that just ain't gonna happen...lol.

Quick Reply: Joining the Softail ranks