Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to Buy the apes...Carlini Gangsters vs Wild 1's, Decisions, Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012 | 08:56 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by AirBoyzT
Yea, that's why I was thinking 14" carlinis or 16" Wild Ones, leaning more towards the wild ones. How tall are you, are they comfortable?
I'm 6'1". My bars are very comfortable.

Old 03-10-2012 | 01:27 AM
Pdiddy
Cruiser

Carlini gangsters here, wouldn't have it any other way, IMO it's worth the extra dough.

Ok, so I scraped up the money for my apes, and am in a real mess. I like both the Carlini 14" 1.5 Gangsters and the 16" Wild 1's (which don't come in 1.5, just 1.25), so which one should I get, I really don't know and would like some advice.

The Wild 1's are appealing because I can get them much cheaper (over $150 cheaper), I just don't know though. I am 5'11 and ride a 2006 Softail Deluxe, so want to stick with either the 14" carlini (since they come bigger) or 16" Wild 1's (I want the apes at shoulder level for longer trips)

Also looking at these, Hill Country Customs, would these be good bars as well? Decisions Decisions
http://www.hillcountrycustomcycles.c...gers-P389.aspx

Appreciate it as always, and if you have pics it would be appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails Ready to Buy the apes...Carlini Gangsters vs Wild 1's, Decisions, Decisions-006.jpg  
Old 03-10-2012 | 03:43 AM
AirBoyzT
|
Cruiser

I think I'm going with 16" Wild 1's. Question, what risers should I get. A lot of people say to get them with set screws, I think I want 1" or "1.5" risers.

Old 03-10-2012 | 06:00 AM
Jd Swiper
Road Master
Default Apes

I say spend the extra money and get the Carlini's!!! Go with the best the first time so you don't have no regrets!!! Believe me, you'll love them and you'll definetly thank yourself in the end. Carlini's quality is worth every extra penny you'll spend. Last summer I was at a biker bar, I came out the front door to about a 100 bikes, I noticed a bike with Carlini's gangster Apes from 25 yards away! They just look Awesome, point closed!

Old 03-10-2012 | 06:28 AM
Cup
Cruiser

I'm 5'11" and put 14" apes on my train. It's perfect. Any higher and I think it would be a bit much on longer rides. Definitely go with the 1.5" bars. The skinny bars look a bit off with the larger front ends in my opinion.

Old 03-10-2012 | 06:30 AM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain

I am 6`2" and i went with wild 1 16 inch chubby,great quality ,comfortable ,i used stock risers, no problems staying in place,hard to beat for the money

Old 03-10-2012 | 07:41 AM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior

I bought some carlini drag bars for my softail heard how good a quality they are not wofth the dxtra money they arent that qaulity ssvd money and get the cheaper bars

Old 03-10-2012 | 07:54 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

I think I'm going with 16" Wild 1's. Question, what risers should I get. A lot of people say to get them with set screws, I think I want 1" or "1.5" risers.
You don't need risers with set screws if you go with the Wild Ones they are knurled. Where the Carlinis are not.

Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $$$$ on the Carlinis if you can afford it. If not save up some more and then buy them.You will be kicking yourself in the a$$ every time you see a pair of the Carlini 1.5 bars. I bought the 1.25 Carlinis ( which are the same price as the 1.50 bars). So I really effed that one up.All it took was one time. The first pair of the 1.5 bars I saw , new I made a bad decision with the 1.25 bars.

Plus with that xtra $$$ you are getting style and something you will not see often with the 1.5 bars. I think I have seen 2 sets in a few years .

Old 03-10-2012 | 08:12 AM
Betros
Tourer

Love my Wild Ones

Old 03-10-2012 | 08:29 AM
AirBoyzT
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Malingerer
You don't need risers with set screws if you go with the Wild Ones they are knurled. Where the Carlinis are not.

Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $$$$ on the Carlinis if you can afford it. If not save up some more and then buy them.You will be kicking yourself in the a$$ every time you see a pair of the Carlini 1.5 bars. I bought the 1.25 Carlinis ( which are the same price as the 1.50 bars). So I really effed that one up.All it took was one time. The first pair of the 1.5 bars I saw , new I made a bad decision with the 1.25 bars.

Plus with that xtra $$$ you are getting style and something you will not see often with the 1.5 bars. I think I have seen 2 sets in a few years .
Yea I'm thinking about doing that. I'll get those, and then save up for the wires and risers...I'd like some pics of the high roller and piston risers up close

Quick Reply: Ready to Buy the apes...Carlini Gangsters vs Wild 1's, Decisions, Decisions