Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pvc bags

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pvc bags

Alright, I know you get what you pay for but right now I just can't do real leather bags so I was searching around the web and found some bags I like for only $70. My first thought was obviously these are junk but I noticed they had several great reviews. Can somebody give me the info on pvc bags? Do they last at all? Do they fade quickly? What exactly is pvc? Do they look like cheap crap? I'm not expecting great bags that last for 10 years but if I could get a couple summers out of them I might go for it. thanks

Old 03-07-2012, 05:52 PM
arodgers
Advanced

What PVC bags are you talking about? What company makes/sells them?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:08 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Not sure on brand. I found them on jafrum.com I will check again and see if I can find the brand

Old 03-07-2012, 06:15 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Oddly enough they don't say a brand name. That makes me wonder even more but they all have good reviews. Im kinda in the boondocks so I can't just go look at some.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:33 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Jafrum and Leatherup are the masters of imported cheap PVC saddlebags. They get the job done just fine. If your on a budget, they are fine. I ran two sets from Jafrum. One set the straps broke and I gave another set to board member. The obvious answer is save for a good set, but they will work for a while as long as you don't overload them.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Sweet thanks. Did you use supports? They say you dint have to but I dont know I'd I trust it

Old 03-07-2012, 07:45 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by rojuwi
Sweet thanks. Did you use supports? They say you dint have to but I dint know I'd I trust it
Yes. Do not believe for one second their bull$**** about no supports needed. If you want them to last, buy supports. Otherwise the shocks, and caliper will wear right through them. Its not necessary to buy the expensive supports from Harley. Cheap universal brackets work fine as long as you refer to rule number one. Don't overload them. Also, spend the time to adjust them to the proper height, and secure them the right way. Don't just wire tie them in 15 different spots. If possible, feed the bag loops threw the supports and tie them down where they are supposed to be tied down. This will be the difference between the guy whose empty bags flop around at 70mph, and the guys who doesn't look like an idiot. lol

Old 03-07-2012, 07:45 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO stay away from Leatherup. JUNK Chinese ****. I tried that route with jacket and chaps. The crap was so thin I think it was made out of cat skin. LOL. You get what you pay for.

Stone

Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Five7Hemi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rojuwi
Not sure on brand. I found them on jafrum.com I will check again and see if I can find the brand
You have a specific link to em?

Old 03-07-2012, 09:47 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Alright. I think I will pass on those. Anybody have an opinion on some of the midrange bags? Willie and max, viking, etc.? Would synthetic leather or pvc hold up better?

Quick Reply: Pvc bags