Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help! (conversion from efi to carb 103" m.y.2012)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012 | 08:03 AM
mauro71
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lundee
http://vulcanworks.net/store_4/produ...&cat=13&page=1
Sorry it was vulcanworks.

Fdb2007 I'm guessing thats why he couldn't find it, but instead of being a d-bag, I helped him out. I hope you never have a problem fdb, oh wait I'm sure you'll pay harley to do it, and claim it as your own.
We're not all ****** over here mauro. I figured you would get responses such as this, I think it great you converted your bike. Carbs forever!
thanks a lot!

Old 03-08-2012 | 08:05 AM
Santo
Road Warrior

Well played out Lundee, props on helping a brotha out.

Old 03-08-2012 | 08:09 AM
Branner
Road Warrior

Mauro: Feel free to stop into the night train picture thread for any additional questions, tons of helpful guys there. Lundee's one of those guys. Nice job Lundee.

Old 03-08-2012 | 09:39 AM
the blob
Road Warrior

I believe Daytona twin tec has the conversion box
As well. Iwas going to do this to my 06 dyna, but
I ended up selling it and bought a carbed evo.

Old 03-08-2012 | 10:05 AM
fdb2007
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lundee
http://vulcanworks.net/store_4/produ...&cat=13&page=1
Sorry it was vulcanworks.

Fdb2007 I'm guessing thats why he couldn't find it, but instead of being a d-bag, I helped him out. I hope you never have a problem fdb, oh wait I'm sure you'll pay harley to do it, and claim it as your own.
We're not all ****** over here mauro. I figured you would get responses such as this, I think it great you converted your bike. Carbs forever!
You're right, I shouldn't been a dick. I was raised better than that. Sorry, Maury. I just couldn't get past linking the size of the ECU to a possible cause. I will never claim to have fixed anything that I didn't though, that doesn't even compute to me why anyone would do that. If I fix something it's pretty unlikely I would come on here and brag about it. As for advice from this forum, there are a small handful of posters I might believe, rest are just ready, shoot, aim from bunch of posers. I do read it though for the occasion nugget of good advice.
OK, that said Maury,

Did you go back and reread tha data that came with your conversion? Everything hooked up properly?
Is there a leak in the manifold/vacuum line somewhere? If you got it running, spray some carb cleaner around the connections and see if it revs up?
Do you still have a fuel pump running? Seems to me that could cause it to load up, which it sounds like it might be.
Float stuck on the carb?
Choke operating properly?
What do the spark plugs look like? Black, smell like gas?
I gotta believe there is some kind of dummy load tricking the ECU into believing everything is right and completing whatever logic going on in the ECM. All the data from the sensors, ie crank position, O2 sensors etc. Is it compatible to the '12?

Still a mystery to me why one would convert a brand new EFI bike to a carb, but good luck in solving your problem.

Old 03-08-2012 | 02:42 PM
poppavein
Road Master

Mauro, are Italian emission laws easier than in the rest of Europe? I'd be surprised if they would allow this in Germany, for example.

Old 03-08-2012 | 03:02 PM
Branner
Road Warrior

FDB & Poppa: I recall Mauro mentioning in another thread that it was easier for him to fix a carbed bike than an EFI. With the EFI he would have to take it to his dealer where repairs were quite costly. The bike being carbed allowed him to do the work. Hopefully, he'll chime in set it straight.

Old 03-09-2012 | 10:20 AM
str8jacket
Tourer

Originally Posted by Phatboy2010
Its like going back to the stone age again.....
Originally Posted by fdb2007
I'll say it cause I've been drinkin'...well that's what you get, what convinced you a carb was better than EFI? Apparently, you got more money than sense. You whipped out a tape measure to check the difference between your 2011 ECU and your 2012 ECU? You don't know how to type Vulcan into the Google machine to find a website? Are you for real? OK, I will go back to the Makers Mark, sorry to all those I may have offended--I know most of you are thinkin' the same thing though.
As soon as I read the subject line, I knew there would be this type of responses.

Last edited by str8jacket; 03-09-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2012 | 10:35 AM
str8jacket
Tourer

I just couldn't get past linking the size of the ECU to a possible cause.
...rest are just ready, shoot, aim from bunch of posers
Pot calling the kettle black?

Old 03-09-2012 | 11:02 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by str8jacket
As soon as I read the subject line, I knew there would be some self-absorbed pompous a-holes posting know-it-all snotty remarks.
Originally Posted by str8jacket
Pot calling the kettle black?

Ironic, isn't it?

Quick Reply: I need help! (conversion from efi to carb 103" m.y.2012)