Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring seat for softail springer

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 03:34 PM
ce
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring seat for softail springer

I own an '04 softail springer with the stock badlands seat. I know everyone is different but I am wondering about how big of an aftermarket seat I need to get to be able to ride all day? Is there any sort of a seat that still looks good, like it belongs on the bike, without going to something huge? How about the Rouge from Saddlemen, does the gel help that much over the stock HD seat? If I go big for two has anyone tried the Saddlemen Explorer with a backrest? Any other seats people have used and like? Thanks

Old 07-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,822 Likes on 801 Posts
Default RE: Touring seat for softail springer

I love my BAR Enterprises HitchHiker Plain seat on my 05 Night Train. Take a look at the pic below to see how it looks on her.

Name:  NTRightSideNewSeat.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  56.8 KB

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 07-26-2005, 06:33 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I was wondering about your seat, the part where you sit seems to be about the same heighth as the badlander, at least to me. The main thing that I see is the height of the part where the back of your butt goes. Besides the better two-up seat, am I seeing what I am seeing? Is the back of the seat where the added comfort is or is the part where you sit more comfy than the badlander? Thanks

Old 07-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,822 Likes on 801 Posts

ORIGINAL: SPRINGER

I was wondering about your seat, the part where you sit seems to be about the same heighth as the badlander, at least to me. The main thing that I see is the height of the part where the back of your butt goes. Besides the better two-up seat, am I seeing what I am seeing? Is the back of the seat where the added comfort is or is the part where you sit more comfy than the badlander? Thanks
Yes and yes. The back is very tall. When I'm sitting IN the seat, it comes up about 1/3 the way up my back. There is a built in lumbar support, and let me tell you it works! Also, I have the "Millenium Foam" (which is memory foam) in the driver's portion of the seat. It's a night and day difference with regards to comfort compared to the Badlander. Now that I have the mini-apes on her, I am in a slightly reclined seating position and my lower back is fully supported by the seat. I could ride for hours non-stop no problem and not get fatigued.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]