Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Slims!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015 | 10:02 AM
brockND
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Otter
A powdercoater used to sell them on ebay, but he quit doing them becasue there is no money in it. Just buy the chrome one from Harley and have it powdercoated
thanks!

Old 01-18-2015 | 11:45 AM
FLS103
Road Warrior

I got lucky and found a trim ring on Ebay, the seller has a lot of powedercoated parts. Cant remember his exact name but it has the word "Voodoo" and a few numbers in the name.... I got the idea for trim rings on signals and headlight from Otter

Old 01-18-2015 | 12:51 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

pardon my nuebness in all that is HD related... But what is this "trim ring" y'all think is so special? Do I need one

Old 01-18-2015 | 12:55 PM
Otter
Road Master

Originally Posted by splattttttt
pardon my nuebness in all that is HD related... But what is this "trim ring" y'all think is so special? Do I need one
Nope, you’re good.

Old 01-18-2015 | 04:19 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by splattttttt
I believe this is what they're discussing (credit pic to Jam436)

Do you "need" one - depends on what look you wanting...

hope this helps,

T.

Old 01-18-2015 | 07:44 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Ah ha! Yeah. Them's is sweet! Love the look and is on my wish list.

Old 01-28-2015 | 09:04 PM
brockND
Cruiser

Well, argued with the dealer a little more about getting my tank warrantied. Sounds like it is going to happen now. Sitting here with my tank lift and rear lowering kit waiting to put those on when i get the bike back. Ordered a few things last night. Rinehart Crossback exhaust(black), V&H FP3, and Roland Sands Turbine air cleaner(black ops). Normaly wouldnt care about my bike being in the shop this time of year but somehow it was 63 degrees here in North Dakota yesterday and there was bikes everywhere so I was sad. Hoping to get my bike back and parts in by next weekend so I can lock myself in the garage. Pretty excited to get all this stuff done.
I have been pondering motor work... I am new to the harley game and notice a lot of people do motor work. My last bike was a yamaha raider which moved like a rocket so i never did anything but bolt ons to that. Before that had a half dozen sport bikes with nothing but bolt ons. I like my slim but it is truly gut less compared to every other bike i have had. Anyone done like the fuel moto 107 kit or anything like that and also riden like the raider that can make a comparison?

Old 01-29-2015 | 07:42 AM
Otter
Road Master

That’s good to hear man, good job sticking to your guns.

I don’t think the 103 needs a lot to wake it up, Have you tuned it at all? I have had great luck with the PV and it made a HUGE difference, though I do plan on having the heads CNC ported, and changing pistons, and cams next winter. The 103 inches will easily make more power than the rest of the bike needs to deal with.

Originally Posted by brockND
Well, argued with the dealer a little more about getting my tank warrantied. Sounds like it is going to happen now. Sitting here with my tank lift and rear lowering kit waiting to put those on when i get the bike back. Ordered a few things last night. Rinehart Crossback exhaust(black), V&H FP3, and Roland Sands Turbine air cleaner(black ops). Normaly wouldnt care about my bike being in the shop this time of year but somehow it was 63 degrees here in North Dakota yesterday and there was bikes everywhere so I was sad. Hoping to get my bike back and parts in by next weekend so I can lock myself in the garage. Pretty excited to get all this stuff done.
I have been pondering motor work... I am new to the harley game and notice a lot of people do motor work. My last bike was a yamaha raider which moved like a rocket so i never did anything but bolt ons to that. Before that had a half dozen sport bikes with nothing but bolt ons. I like my slim but it is truly gut less compared to every other bike i have had. Anyone done like the fuel moto 107 kit or anything like that and also riden like the raider that can make a comparison?

Old 01-29-2015 | 06:33 PM
brockND
Cruiser

Otter I really haven't done anything to it yet. Hoping the exhaust, AC, and tuner give it that little extra grunt I'm looking for. Was concerned about going to that Fuelpak from V&H because I think it is kind of worthless if you do any engine work. Anyone done any real modifications and ran the FP3?

Old 01-29-2015 | 08:30 PM
bighatlaw
Tourer

Mine is in the shop now getting heads ported, pistons, and cams. I had the fp3, but my day I man said 'twas a waste of money. I sold it and put in a tts mastertune. Bike will be dyno'ed next week with all the new add ons and a new 2 to 1 exhaust. I also had the cross backs. Sold them with the fp3. They look and sound sweet, but I'm getting allot more power out of a 2 to 1.

Quick Reply: Calling All Slims!