Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luggage Rack question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012 | 02:21 PM
MrShifty
|
Cruiser
Default Luggage Rack question

Hey ya'll, so when I get home from this deployment, a few of us are planning on riding out to Arlington to see our fallen brothers. I've looked at two racks from HD that I liked. There's the bobtail fender rack and the detachable solo rack. I don't have a sissy bar (yet) since my wife doesn't plan on riding with me. So if you have one of these, I'd definitely appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Old 03-02-2012 | 06:12 PM
ckal704
Advanced

I'll be paying attention to this as I am planning to get something along these lines one day too. I busted the bank buying this (my first) HD and several hundreds of dollars worth of riding gear and accessories right off the bat.

Need to slow down and budget the $ from here on out. Unless I hit the lottery, of course.

Old 03-02-2012 | 09:03 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Get a detachable sissy bar and the detachable luggage rack, so you can use a T-bag when you go on trips, but remove them when you are just cruising local.

A lot of use for the sissy bar/luggage rack from time to time for carrying stuff, so there is definitely value in having them.

Thank you for your service, and hope your deployment comes to an end soon so you can enjoy the freedoms you've been fighting for!!!

Roger

Old 03-02-2012 | 10:38 PM
mac1911
Road Master

+1 on the detachable rig. Will keep a clean look when not on road trips.

Thank you for your service and get home safe.

Old 03-03-2012 | 06:11 AM
MrShifty
|
Cruiser

Hey fellas, thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards the sissy bar/ detachable rack myself. I appreciate the input.

Old 03-03-2012 | 06:57 AM
GymRat523
Road Warrior

I like my bobtail rack and the sissybar is a must if you want to pack a lot, on long trips you can strap bags to both sides of the sissybar.

Old 03-03-2012 | 10:34 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Here's a shot when the wife and I took a long weekend trip up to Bishop a few years ago, loaded for bear:

Roger

Old 03-03-2012 | 10:57 AM
oct1949
Club Member

I like the detachable sissy bar and the rack I have.

It only takes about 1 min to change the seats out from 2up to solo setup I have.

See my sig below for solo rides , and link below for two up, (click on enlarge below the pis to see larger and better pic)
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...=gnr-img-album

Old 03-03-2012 | 03:21 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Quick detach always allows you more options down the road. Pop it on, pop it off! Also while you are there, pay my deepest thanks and respects to your fallen buddies for me as well. They paid the ultimate price so that we can even sit here and have this conversation. What greater price to pay for freedom? None!

Old 03-03-2012 | 04:55 PM
Toonz
Cruiser

I have to agree with what's already been said. I have the quick detach solo rack and a quick detach sissy bar. I use the solo rack for my bag going to/from work daily. The sissy bar is for my wife but will also come in handy for the longer trips. You can pack a lot of stuff on the front/back sides of the sissy bar.

From one Veteran to another, Thank You for your service. Keep your head down and come home safe. A trip to Arlington sounds like a great tribute to our Fallen Brothers.

Quick Reply: Luggage Rack question