Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reshaping or Mod'n A Deluxe Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Reshaping or Mod'n A Deluxe Seat?

I am curious how hard is it for a leather worker to reshape a softail deluxe seat. The seat as it stands has 2 pressure points right below the *** that I know for sure will be a pain. Also to get rid of the weave and replace it with it with a different mat.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Spent about an hour on my deluxe seat last night and aside from cutting into the inner thighs when both feet are planted, it seems pretty decent (though not cushy).

I imagine you're looking at a complete recover anyway, so reshaping the foam shouldn't be a problem for a leather guy.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
Spent about an hour on my deluxe seat last night and aside from cutting into the inner thighs when both feet are planted, it seems pretty decent (though not cushy).

I imagine you're looking at a complete recover anyway, so reshaping the foam shouldn't be a problem for a leather guy.
K man ty for that.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
K man ty for that.
Other times I've spent hours in the seat and still only the cutting when feet are planted (much like a fatboy seat does), but it's lower and looks better than the stock heritage seat, so It will have to do me. Other mods await...

Old 03-01-2012, 08:33 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

deleted

Last edited by 2010Deluxeguy; 03-01-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

www.meancitycycles.com

Check this site out, ive heard a ton of great feedback about them boys

Old 03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about comfort. But some of the best looking modified Deluxe seats I have seen ,are on the Ryan Reed Designs Bikes. Maybe you can contact him and see who he uses.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Most guys I have seen as leather workers can really do some awesome stuff. I would think a good leather worker can do just about anything you want. Most of those guys are very talented.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Malingerer
I dont know about comfort. But some of the best looking modified Deluxe seats I have seen ,are on the Ryan Reed Designs Bikes. Maybe you can contact him and see who he uses.
WOW, some pretty sweet looking rides at Ryan's.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway

I'd be very interested to see your results. I love the look of the Deluxe seat but absolutely hate the way it rides. The pressure points between the thighs are not just a problem for me when putting my feet down. They are a problem all the time and caused lots of pain and cramping in my legs. I thought about trying to reshape it but figured it wasn't worth the trouble. If I think good results can be had and still be able to put the stock cover back on then I will give it a go. Otherwise I will probably just get rid of it along with the matching touring pillion and tour pack that I have to go with it.

Quick Reply: Reshaping or Mod'n A Deluxe Seat?