Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reshaping or Mod'n A Deluxe Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Hippiebeads
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent my seat to Mean City Cycles for re-shaping and memory foam.It took about 3 thousand miles of riding for it to find my shape but I love it now.I think it was money well spent with very good customer service also.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Stock Seat Mods

Check out the thread below.
This guy does seat mods at a reasonable price.
I haven't used him. I just read the thread.
Give him a call. Then you will know.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vendo...-seat-mod.html

Old 03-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Clayvis
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would give the guys at C & C motorcycle seats a call also. Good people to work with and fast service. Good to know all your options before making a decision....

Old 03-01-2012, 10:14 AM
teflon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys just had a local guy do mine. Same deal those side pressure points killed me and i was to far forward, so he cut the sides down smooth to the bottom, and he pushed me as far back as possible and still re-used the stock cover! Looks great feels way better and i even put on the short backrest. Haven't been for a long ride yet but so far its awesome and before it was instant pain. Teflon

Old 03-01-2012, 10:59 AM
ozarksoutlaw
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skeezmachine, I was havin problems all the time too and got the floorboard extenders and the pain stopped. I don't know if it would help you but it worked for me and inexpensive too.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ozarksoutlaw
Skeezmachine, I was havin problems all the time too and got the floorboard extenders and the pain stopped. I don't know if it would help you but it worked for me and inexpensive too.
I appreciate the info. I really don't want to do anything to the floorboards and would rather mod the seat if possible. I love the way it looks reworked on the bikes in this link provided: http://www.reedsridedesigns.com/projects.html

Maybe I will give it a shot myself. I like doing my own thing whenever possible and I don't think that removing the cover and shaping the foam is an issue. My concern was that if once the foam was reshaped, would the cover need to be trimmed to fit and that is something I did not want to do.

Bottom line is, if I am going to continue to use the seat I am going to HAVE to make it a bit more accommodating so I don't feel like I am riding an upside down canoe!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
jakazz
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a 07 fatboy seat for my train because it came with a big fat OL pillon for the back. I had been riding with a lepera solo for as long as I had the train. used the fatboy seat a couple times and hated how it sat me 2 inches higher. Took the cover off shaved it down to the same profile as the lepera and put the cover back on. Just staples, real easy. Sits just as low as the the lepera now and I dont feel I'm riding a barca lounger like a dresser.

Dont know if you can really see the shape in this pic

Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jakazz
I bought a 07 fatboy seat for my train because it came with a big fat OL pillon for the back. I had been riding with a lepera solo for as long as I had the train. used the fatboy seat a couple times and hated how it sat me 2 inches higher. Took the cover off shaved it down to the same profile as the lepera and put the cover back on. Just staples, real easy. Sits just as low as the the lepera now and I dont feel I'm riding a barca lounger like a dresser.

Dont know if you can really see the shape in this pic
Right on! I think after testimonies like yours and looking at some photos I will give this a go. I think the OP should as well. I feel like I have hijacked his thread!

Hey Jakazz, what sort of tools did you use to shave the padding? Or was it as simple as a razor blade? Great job by the way. Your seat looks great! Real sleek and suited to your bike.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:05 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got to check out Ryan Reed more....the seat looks sweet! Great input folks.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
...Hey Jakazz, what sort of tools did you use to shave the padding? Or was it as simple as a razor blade? ...
Hacksaw blade (out of the hacksaw).

Quick Reply: Reshaping or Mod'n A Deluxe Seat?