Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger on a fairing

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:09 AM
wildrooster
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pulled the trigger on a fairing

Well after spending a few weeks looking for a fairing for my lux I pulled the trigger on a reckless fairing I have been in contact with them for a few days and got all my questions answered. I didn't want to spend a arm and a leg on a fairing but I didn't want something that would fall apart. I know some people have had issues with them but I am hoping that there aren't any issues

Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You'll love having the fairing.

I hope you get exactly what you asked for, because you'll be **** out of luck otherwise. He sold me the world on the phone and after he got his money, treated me like an inconvenience.

You painting it?

Last edited by kozy22; 02-29-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:28 AM
wildrooster
Tourer

Yeah I plan on painting it myself I have everything in my shop ready I know you get what you pay for and I am willing to put some effort into it

Old 02-29-2012, 10:33 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member

I think the fairing is really nice, ESP. For the price

Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 AM
wildrooster
Tourer

so your issue was with the painting of the fairing. personally i don't like having to pay for something I can do if I do not feel like painting it myself I have a worker that will take care of it for me. I hope to get it in time to ride down to st Patrick's day in Savannah.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Trickslim12
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll have to get pics up of that thing ASAP...i went to college at Georgia Southern and St. Patty's in SAV was something we looked forward to every year...I'm jealous!

Old 02-29-2012, 10:46 AM
wildrooster
Tourer

been the last 2 years and I dont remember anything about it all i know is I got home in one piece so it must have been fun but it gives me a reason to break out the kilt and act a fool for one day out of the year

Old 02-29-2012, 10:47 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member

Kind of, My problem is with Alex. I paid for inner and outer fairing painted and he only did the outside. The inside is flat black (which I actually prefer now) but he BSed me and told me that's how is always does it, yet not one on his site is that way nor are any that others that he has painted.

And the way he treated me after we just not acceptable. He should have been trying to make things right, instead he tried to blame me.

So I have a problem with a shady owner and told him I would let everyone know that he is shady

Last edited by kozy22; 02-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:09 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And your doing a great job kozy.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:40 AM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wildrooster
Yeah I plan on painting it myself I have everything in my shop ready I know you get what you pay for and I am willing to put some effort into it
Hey Rooster,
I purchased a fairing from Exotic Body Parts last month and I'm painting it myself. Since you paint you may be familiar with these guys but this is where I got my color matched Harley paint just in case you need a source.

http://colorrite.com/

I've also cut the holes for the speakers/marine radio and built the wiring harness. I have not had the need in the past for marine certified stuff but I found a two stage "marine certified" epoxy that I'm using to bond in wire ties and the terminal board. I also found a weather proof radio cover that I'm using.......not sure I need it cause I'm using a marine radio but belt and suspenders never hurts. Keep in contact and we can compare notes/problems. My Fatboy is an 07 so it has the decals on the fenders and tank. I wanted to put a couple on my fairing to match the bike scheme but Harley won't sell them.

BTW here's the link to my fairing build
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...last-week.html

Good Luck.....enjoy

Last edited by STLFLSTF_Mike; 02-29-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on a fairing