Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:05 PM
NW FXSTS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe Exhaust

We just bought my wife an 06 Black and White Deluxe. We both love the bike. But it needs new pipes!!!

I have an 06 Springer Softail with V&H Short Shot Staggard. Love the sound!!! Although I can see the exhaust discoloration on the chrome axle cover. No big deal to clean them. I am concerned about the exhaust and those big white walls, making them dirty and hard to clean.

Any input on pipes for the Deluxe, any issues with the exhaust dirtying up those whitewalls?

Thanks.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:47 AM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Deluxe Exhaust

Vance and Hines 2 into 1 pro pipes. Love the look, sound and performance. No issues with install or the WW tires before I switched to Black tires. I love em.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Scottys RoadGilde
Cruiser

I put the V&H longshots on my wifes Deluxe. It's LOUD but it looks good. No issues with the tires.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:43 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: NW FXSTS

We just bought my wife an 06 Black and White Deluxe. We both love the bike. But it needs new pipes!!!

I have an 06 Springer Softail with V&H Short Shot Staggard. Love the sound!!! Although I can see the exhaust discoloration on the chrome axle cover. No big deal to clean them. I am concerned about the exhaust and those big white walls, making them dirty and hard to clean.

Any input on pipes for the Deluxe, any issues with the exhaust dirtying up those whitewalls?

Thanks.
I'll get my wife to post here, she (mariapetit) has a blue/white deluxe and V&H Big Radius pipes. Looks good.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:17 PM
smithr
Cruiser

I put Rush slip-ons on my '06 Deluxe. Only $260, sound great, looks pretty good. Jr.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Suspended
Account Suspended

Here's my 05 with V&H big radius
they sound grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!
and I haven't learned to 'get on it' yet!
I only got my license in September!!

Old 12-20-2006, 04:45 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master

Take a look at Samson fishtails ... really classic look that goes exceptional with the classic look of a Deluxe. Search for Blue Rose and take a look for yourself. Ok, I am bias to fishtails since I have them on my heritage.

V/r

Old 12-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Boss Hog
Road Master

Great looking bike mariapetit! I'm thinking of going V&H big radius also. Can you comment on the noise level relative to the original pipes? Do you have baffles installed? Thanks.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:36 AM
softail2005
Road Captain

I installed the V&H Big Shot Staggered on my Deluxe and love the look and sound. They have full heat shield so discoloring should not be a problem. They are loud and add lots of power and torque and take a few weeks to adapt to the sound. Neighbors are not pleased but hey most of them don't like bikes period.

I try to be a good neighbor and only fire it up at reasonable hours of the day and leave the area quickly.
Good luck in your choice of pipes there are a lot of good pipes out there. Check with our sponser Eastern Performance Cycle for a low discount price and free shipping. Much cheaper than your dealer.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:20 AM
billvaughn
Tourer

Got the Big shot longs on mine and love the sound....The only issue with the rear tire whitewall is break dust, but they clean up easy....good luck making the decision....

[IMG]local://upfiles/2670/49DE0D97DB684055BC5785A64EBE8BF1.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Deluxe Exhaust