Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil scavenger

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 10:52 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yada, yada, yada....blah, blah, blah. Haters keep hating and still, going on 3 or 4 years here now, people still hate. Again, I can't for the life of me figure out why either. I do what I do, I say what I say because there are always new people coming here, just like the guy who commented he has only used his scavenger only once so far.

I view my bike as an investment so I do all I can do to it to treat it as such. I don't understand why for those who already knows everything, why come here? Lastly, every post of mine, when one comes to a post baring my name just move right along and skip over it and find a new bashee! What is this thread 3, 4 years old now and still some still go on and on about it.

I just reply or comment to a new guy, stay friends with those whom I have made friends with and ignore the rest. I come here frequently and most often to learn. In a rare case or two and in that many years I have taught or guided. So if I communicate in a way some might not like, well again, just move right on along.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:23 AM
SDozier
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I purchased one a little over a month ago and used it on my 08 Fatboy and my neighbors 07 Softail Custom. My bike had about 10k miles on it. Oil cleaned right up. My neighbors bike has about 50k miles on it. The scavenger got the dirty oil out. It did not look as clean as mine but with the next oil change it probably will. Does not run any different but the oil is changed

SUP

Old 01-18-2015, 12:17 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 17,080 Likes on 8,673 Posts

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/prm-111
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fr...5-bl/overview/

These are the answer to the $80 option. All you need extra is some 3/8" I.D. clear plastic tubing for the tank return line to the waste oil pan. You can get this tubing at any major hardware store. Be sure to order two of those plugs for the oil puck.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:31 PM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I made my own as well. Works good for me and my OCD cluttered mind felt nice and warm and fuzzy afterward.

I used the chopped up oil filter home made version, easy, cheap and worked perfect. Got about 28oz or so of dark dirty oil out.

The summit racing oil filter adapter listed up top looks good though.....and looks easy enough.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:29 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Oil

I change my oil every thousand miles when I drain my oil it's good enough for some of the guys I know who do not change theirs as much. I do not believe using one of the gadgets will do much for me. I once read an article where a guy said seasoned oil was better than brand new never seen it again but had always wondered. I am comfortable with my maintenance schedule while is oil every 1000 tyranny and primary ever 2500 I believe that the manufacture has the maintenance schedule set up with a number of years in mind they believe that a bike should last which is best for them to sell new ones it can never hurt to cut what they tell you down with this being said I have no use for the scavenger and I do not use any I use regular 20/50 oil

Old 01-18-2015, 02:50 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/prm-111
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fr...5-bl/overview/

These are the answer to the $80 option. All you need extra is some 3/8" I.D. clear plastic tubing for the tank return line to the waste oil pan. You can get this tubing at any major hardware store. Be sure to order two of those plugs for the oil puck.
There's a little more to it than that - you need to drill through to join the two ports.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-system-3.html