Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 harley softtail slim

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012 | 05:04 PM
Xtreme Racing
Intermediate

Alright, so I am new here and got my slim a few weeks ago. My question is has anyone got rid the license plate bracket? If so how did you fix the tail lights since the left one has the bracket sandwiched between the light and support and is shorter than the right one?

Thanks

Old 04-22-2012 | 05:51 PM
Dan Mead
Stage II

Originally Posted by JasonV
Here's mine, still on the showroom floor. Putting V&H Big Radius 2-2, Stage I, Supertuner, Wrinkle Black Primary cover, blacking out the whole front end.

[IMG][/IMG]
JasonV,IMO,I think your mods would make that bike look "rite"
Only other small things I would do is drop it an inch or 2,and add some
different bars,dirt-bike bars don't do it for me.Best of luck with the new scoot'

Old 04-22-2012 | 06:49 PM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wadejesu
2 more,
Good lQQking scoot!
Question: Are your bars RSD Shortstack 7.5" rise? I have been thinking about getting the RSD BlackOps 12" rise.

Old 04-23-2012 | 06:28 AM
JasonV
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Xtreme Racing
Alright, so I am new here and got my slim a few weeks ago. My question is has anyone got rid the license plate bracket? If so how did you fix the tail lights since the left one has the bracket sandwiched between the light and support and is shorter than the right one?

Thanks
In order for me to put the detachable mounting kit on the back end for a sissy bar for longer travels or a rack, I have to relocate the turn signals and plate. I'm not sure exactly where the turn signals are going but I ordered a Kuryakyn side license plate mount. Will take pics when I get them done.

Old 04-23-2012 | 06:33 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by sinex
240 at the rear, they'd be flying out the show room, on would be in my garage, in denim black, what is it with Harley designers at the moment,
Im good with the 200 mm!! But man those skinny tires on the new bikes look horrible!! WHERES THE BEEF!!!

Old 04-23-2012 | 06:55 AM
Xtreme Racing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JasonV
In order for me to put the detachable mounting kit on the back end for a sissy bar for longer travels or a rack, I have to relocate the turn signals and plate. I'm not sure exactly where the turn signals are going but I ordered a Kuryakyn side license plate mount. Will take pics when I get them done.
Thanks, please post a pic, I am wanting to relocate my plate also. I thought about if I found someone local with a slim who was relocating there plate see if the want to do some swapping of tail lights to make it look right.

Old 04-23-2012 | 01:03 PM
beast 10
Cruiser

Thanks
When I looked into relocating my plate I was told I could just order another right side arm and flip it to fit the left side.
btw I was told the tail lights are 3 parts the mount the arm and light bulb housing.

Last edited by beast 10; 04-23-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 04-24-2012 | 08:31 AM
JasonV
Cruiser

Thanks, please post a pic, I am wanting to relocate my plate also. I thought about if I found someone local with a slim who was relocating there plate see if the want to do some swapping of tail lights to make it look right.
Will do when it gets done, not going to be until first week of June though. Going to break it in stock while I wait on all these parts and drop it off for service and assembly of everything while I'm away on business.

Old 04-24-2012 | 08:52 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by roddenby51
Here is my Slim with old style sprung solo saddle and quick detach windshield.

Recently installed Vance & Hines StraightShots HS (slip-ons) with quiet baffles, FuelPak, SE high-flow air-filter.

that seat looks great on there, if it were me I would get either some 2" springs or some scissor springs. That will lower the seat a bit more...good job though

Old 04-24-2012 | 08:54 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by supra6909
i just finished installing my outlawz, everything went good up until the clutch cable and bleeding the brake line. those 2 things i spent hours on, my indy got done in about 10 mins. big thanks!!
The Outlawz look great on there. I thought they were perfect on the Crossbones and couldn't have imagined them looking more at home on any other ride. They do look just as "right" on the Slim though.....great choice....

Quick Reply: 2012 harley softtail slim