Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LaPera seat.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012 | 08:04 PM
thaghost
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by usefulshrimp
LePera Bare Bones Custom. I thought it was going to be uncomfortable, but I was really surprised - it's more comfy than the stock seat for me.
damn...that's the same one I just got, but with matching rear pillion. Can't figure out how to get the thing on for the life of me.

Old 03-11-2012 | 08:10 PM
usefulshrimp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by thaghost
damn...that's the same one I just got, but with matching rear pillion. Can't figure out how to get the thing on for the life of me.
Lol. You clearly have good taste!

It can be a pain to get on, but angle it downwards toward the tank and wiggle it around - it will go in. Then lever it back toward the fender to set it in place.

Post pics when done

Old 03-11-2012 | 08:31 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Been running a Le Pera Silhouette with gel for about 5 years now. Most comfortable seat I've ever had, and I can stay in the saddle all day right next to my buds on their baggers.

I always say, SEATS nor ASSES are created equal.

Last edited by *NIGHT TRAIN*; 03-11-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2012 | 09:06 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

I will take my barebones this week to a shot in Toronto for 'reshaping' and hopefully getting some metal flakes and stitching in it

Old 03-12-2012 | 05:28 AM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior

08 Deluxe with Bare Bones.

Old 03-12-2012 | 09:00 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Just ordered a 'Distressed Black' Sanora seat from lepera last week....no studs but left the concho on to match future Boss Springer Bags.

I took a chance and looked outside the 'forums box' and avoided the bare bones or C&C solo fan club. Almost went with a Mustang classic solo...but didn't like the bit of a pillow look to them

Now to wait and see if I screwed up:P

Sanora style in brown distress leather...

Old 03-12-2012 | 09:10 PM
chiefe
Tourer

I as well have no use for the Bare Bones, my *** is still sore and the seat is sitting on the shelf. It is the best looking seat I have but I'm too old for that, comfort is more important to me. Lepara makes good product just stay away from the Bare Bones if you value your ***.

Old 04-04-2012 | 03:34 PM
shineybike
Road Captain

Does anyone with a bare bones think their legs get pretty hot from the oil tank heat? I have a badlander seat that is close to the seat shape of the bare bones. On hot days the underside of my thigh gets pretty hot. I ride with my feet out on highway pegs most of the time. It's not as bad if I have my feet on the boards. I have about a 34 to 36 inch inseam so when my feet are on the boards my thighs are up higher. I've been riding with a fatboy seat lately and find it protects my legs better. I found someone selling a bare bones at a decent price locally so I was re-visiting the idea of getting a small solo. Any thoughts on the heat issue?

Old 04-04-2012 | 05:49 PM
thaghost
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by shineybike
Does anyone with a bare bones think their legs get pretty hot from the oil tank heat? I have a badlander seat that is close to the seat shape of the bare bones. On hot days the underside of my thigh gets pretty hot. I ride with my feet out on highway pegs most of the time. It's not as bad if I have my feet on the boards. I have about a 34 to 36 inch inseam so when my feet are on the boards my thighs are up higher. I've been riding with a fatboy seat lately and find it protects my legs better. I found someone selling a bare bones at a decent price locally so I was re-visiting the idea of getting a small solo. Any thoughts on the heat issue?
Yessir, noticed it yesterday while sitting at a stop light.

On a side note, does anyone know what the typical "break in" period for the bare bones seat is? I took the bike out yesterday for the first time after I put the bare bones on. Man did it rattle my a$$. My butt hurts right now just thinking about riding my bike haha

Old 04-04-2012 | 06:42 PM
Danoza1
Advanced

They are a nice looking seat

Quick Reply: LaPera seat.....