Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:08 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week

I purchased a fairing from Exotic Body Parts (don't Google that while you are at work....LOL) for my 07 Fatboy and it arrived last week. The fit and finish is really good.......hit it with some 400 wet/dry sandpaper and put 2 coats of primer on it last Sunday. I have been cutting holes and building the wire harness while I wait for the rest of the electronics to come in. It looks like EBP cut the brackets using a water jet (edges are sharp) so I sent them out to get deburred and plated.

http://www.exoticbodyparts.com/

Hasn't been warm enough to go outside so I took these pics in my basement shop. Pics are the front and inside of the faring along with the power plug harness. I will run the power harness to one side of the terminal block and the other side to the radio. The harness clips (square white things) and the terminal block are bonded in using marine (two part) epoxy. Once the fairing is painted I will bond in the power plug using the marine epoxy.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-fairing-front.jpg   Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-fairing-inside.jpg   Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-power-plug_inside.jpg   Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-power-plug_outside.jpg   Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-terminal-block.jpg  

Old 02-22-2012, 06:33 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gonna look good and you'll love it

Old 02-22-2012, 06:38 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good! Get that sum btch on!!!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:31 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by kozy22
Gonna look good and you'll love it
Originally Posted by socal yankee
Looks good! Get that sum btch on!!!

Yea guys I'm pretty excited.........been planning this since the first of the year, I was going to get a Reckless (completed) but I found these guys on the web and decided to build my own. I liked the idea of putting whatever radio and speakers in it that I wanted.........plus we all like spending time on a winter bike mod! Before this I didn't know you could buy marine epoxy......that is some tough s***t!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Trickslim12
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all I wish I had a basement shop! Haha Man its going to look awesome...can't wait to see the pics when you get it buttoned up

Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by Trickslim12
First of all I wish I had a basement shop! Haha Man its going to look awesome...can't wait to see the pics when you get it buttoned up
Bad thing about my basement shop...........can't get the bike in there. Well not in one piece anyway

Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Finished the base and top coat tonight..........I will wait until the weekend before I clear coat anything. I'll know tomorrow in the daylight (if we have any) how close of a match I got. I'm not in too big of a hurry, it'll be a week before the brackets are returned from chroming house.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-inside_top-coat.jpg   Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-front_top-coat.jpg  
Old 02-23-2012, 11:18 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

It will be interesting to see how yours evolves - looks great so far and it looks like you nailed the color match pretty well!

Yours has always been very close to mine, but no more. Looks like you'll have your custom done before too long... enjoy!

Roger

Old 02-24-2012, 07:43 AM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by tunaman
It will be interesting to see how yours evolves - looks great so far and it looks like you nailed the color match pretty well!

Yours has always been very close to mine, but no more. Looks like you'll have your custom done before too long... enjoy!

Roger
Hey Tunaman, yea they are still pretty close. I took so many long trips last year and even though I had a MS Batwing on the front I missed having some tunes. This fairing is a little taller and wider so I will get more protection.......lots of rain on those trips Ha Ha!

Old 02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Daddy-O
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will this mount directly to the detachable windshield mounts?

Be sure to post pics when you're done.

How often do you see a thread with 3 White Gold Pearl 2007 Fat Boys?

Quick Reply: Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week