Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy-O
Will this mount directly to the detachable windshield mounts?

Be sure to post pics when you're done.

How often do you see a thread with 3 White Gold Pearl 2007 Fat Boys?
Yea Daddy-O I never see one on the road but three right here that's funny!

It can, I didn't have a windshield....had a Memphis Shades Batwing which uses a different style mount (same locations) so I ordered the fixed mounts.........added some nice chrome over sized washers so all I have to do is loosen four bolts disconnect the power and it's off.

My daughter closed on a house this week so we've been helping out at her new house so the fairing has lost a little traction this week.......will try to finish by next weekend. I added a couple pics of the inside fairing with the weather cover and the radio fit check.........all looks good. Just need a warm day so I can work with the wiring.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-dust-cover.jpg   Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-radio-fit-check.jpg  
Old 03-03-2012, 04:01 PM
mattdill
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get your wiring harness? I'm willing to build my own but don't know hor to wire it so the clock stays on.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:02 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by mattdill
Where did you get your wiring harness? I'm willing to build my own but don't know hor to wire it so the clock stays on.
Hey Matt, I made the harness from an old 3 wire black power cord.........probably came off of an appliance like a computer. Purchased a 4 pin Tyco Electronics connector and used that as my disconnect. The radio that I purchased has three +12V power leads....one of the leads (keeps power to stored radio station, clock ect.) has to be hooked directly to the +12V battery terminal.........the other can be hooked to accessory position on the ignition switch.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
jsimmons6703
Cruiser

Thinking about going this fairing for my Heritage... How's the overall quality and fit? I'm debating on going with these guys or Reckless. There's not alot of info about Exotic Body Parts around though..

Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by jsimmons6703
Thinking about going this fairing for my Heritage... How's the overall quality and fit? I'm debating on going with these guys or Reckless. There's not alot of info about Exotic Body Parts around though..
The finish on the gel coat was excellent, the brackets which hold the fairing on the bike were cut with a water jet so the edge finish wasn't perfect. No big thing..........I sent them off to get plated so that's OK. Everything else looks really good. If you like working on this kind of thing then $235 is a good deal. I noticed last night on eBay that Reckless had a Softail Fairing with radio and speakers (no paint) for $700. The big difference is EBP faring has no cutouts so you can set it up anyway you want. I would buy from them again.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:02 PM
vulcanater
Road Captain

A friend of mine got the Exotic Fairing for his Fat Boy, and it is really nice. I was impressed with the fit and finish, especially for the price. Like was stated in an earlier post, the brackets are a little sharp around the edges and raw metal. Just sand them a little and paint them black, or have them plated.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 AM
jsimmons6703
Cruiser

Thanks guys.. I'm leaning toward them over Reckless..

Old 03-07-2012, 12:41 PM
mswing1234
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Come on Mike...the weather's getting warmer and you need to get this damn thing done. Ha! I'm waiting to see it.....

Old 03-08-2012, 08:16 AM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by mswing1234
Come on Mike...the weather's getting warmer and you need to get this damn thing done. Ha! I'm waiting to see it.....

It's tough...........my wife's schedule to get my daughter's house ready for move in has taken priority. Actually it makes sense......sooner I get her house finished the sooner she moves out......duaaa!
Can't really do much anyway, the mounting brackets are at the plating house......spring time is their busy time ( who'da thought Ha Ha!) so hopefully by next week I will have everything. My big issue now is I need a warm day out side so I can work on the wire harness at the bike end. All those cables under the console are pretty stiff in the cold weather........hard to work on that way. I will post when I get things started again......unless you'd like the see how I'm patching the oak floor in her house!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:34 PM
mswing1234
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by STLFLSTF_Mike
It's tough...........my wife's schedule to get my daughter's house ready for move in has taken priority. Actually it makes sense......sooner I get her house finished the sooner she moves out......duaaa!
Can't really do much anyway, the mounting brackets are at the plating house......spring time is their busy time ( who'da thought Ha Ha!) so hopefully by next week I will have everything. My big issue now is I need a warm day out side so I can work on the wire harness at the bike end. All those cables under the console are pretty stiff in the cold weather........hard to work on that way. I will post when I get things started again......unless you'd like the see how I'm patching the oak floor in her house!
Priorities...what ya gonna do? I'll pass on the flooring update. Funny!
Can't wait to see it done. The fairing that is...

Quick Reply: Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week