Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Night Train solo seat choices

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 AM
DC_Night_Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Night Train solo seat choices

I'm looking to get a solo seat for my night train. I've been digging around a lot and might actually go with the Harley Brawler leather solo seat, saddlemen tatoo, or the le pera bare bones or silhouette. Anyone put some good miles on these seats. I'm looking for something that's comfortable enough for a couple hours and does not move my riding position any closer to the pegs or bars. I'm about 6'9" so I need every inch of riding room I can get.

I'm also trying to decide whether or not to take the rear fender protective tape off or cover it with a leather bib. The bike would look a lot cleaner without anything on the rear fender but I know I'll be doing some two up riding and have to go back to the two up seat. Is there any sort of removable protective film that I can take of when I'm solo and easily put back on when I'm 2 up? Thanks for the help.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the LePera bare bones, and can ride all day on it. Can't help regarding height, I'm 5'10, but the bare bones does move you back & lower.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 AM
jd8181
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Corbin that you can see in my sig. I thought it was going to be super hard when I first got it but I really like it. It has a gel pack in it so it makes it fill firm but it is not bad once you sit on it.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:09 AM
tke899
Cruiser

I have a Mustang Sport Touring Vintage Solo Seat. Love it. I also have the removable matching pad which the wife really likes and I like because it comes off in less than 30 seconds. I would check it out on Mustang Seats website. Part Number: 76250.

Last edited by tke899; 02-21-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
vulcanater
Road Captain

I have the Harley Brawler for my 2000 Night Train and I like it a lot. It moves me back and down more. But I rarely ride with it because I ride two up most of the time.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:47 AM
theidbreder
Advanced

I am 6' 4" and just put on a Lepera silhouette with riders gell on my 08 train. It's a little chilly here in Missouri but I did get to ride it for about 30 minutes. Even thought I didn't get a long ride on it I could tell it was a lot more comforatble than the stock seat and it sat me back another inch or two which helped the leg room.

if you get a lepera find the part # you want and get it off of ebay new to save some $$

Last edited by theidbreder; 02-21-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:47 AM
DC_Night_Train
Cruiser

Thanks for the info fellas. That corbin looks pretty good on your scoot jd. I'll definitely check them out. I actually had one on my first bike and liked it a lot. Did you all remove the protective tape on your rear fenders?

Old 02-21-2012, 11:51 AM
DC_Night_Train
Cruiser

Originally Posted by theidbreder
I am 6' 4" and just put on a Lepera silhouette with riders gell on my 08 train. It's a little chilly here in Missouri but I did get to ride it for about 30 minutes. Even thought I didn't get a long ride on it I could tell it was a lot more comforatble than the stock seat and it sat me back another inch or two which helped the leg room.

if you get a lepera find the part # you want and get it off of ebay new to save some $$
Good stuff thanks for the info.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the Brawler on mine for a couple of years. As far as comfort goes it's the same as the Badlander. Whatever you go with, you should leave the plastic film on and cover it with a bib. I wish that I had and so do most. If you take it off then you will have to find something to protect your fender when you put your 2 up seat on.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:52 PM
toprat
Cruiser

i have the lepera silloutte and can ride all day

Quick Reply: Harley Night Train solo seat choices