Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring Fever Incoming.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Spring Fever Incoming.

Hawt damn...can't wait until the snow melts and get going again.

Usually by April 1st here in Calgary the warm weather rolls in. Can't frikin wait! I decided to make my 2 week road trip this year a homage to back home where I grew up....great rides around Regina, Saskatchewan, old friends and family. Next year I will do a big rally again...the little local one where I live will just have to make do..besides I luv it where I can pitch a tent beside the beer gardens. Just as much fun. Oh and also...many day escapes this year to the Drumheller hoodoos and Rockies' foothills. Got a buddy who's family that owns river front property north of Drum that is turned into a private camping oasis.

I am stoked to get the season going!!!! And hush all you southern 'yall's eh

My morning coffee ramblings.

Cheers.

PS...oh right my bike better be out of the shop by then:P Bad mods.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I hear you man, I have an armful of parts to run to the powder coater this morning. I feel a sense of urgency to get everything back together before the snow melts. I ordered a new rear fender so I'm gettin jittery waiting on it, signals and a taillight. I was in Calgary a couple weeks ago and saw a few bikes out. Called up Mad Jap customs to look at some cool scoots but they weren't around. Speaking of Drum, you must have ridden through the 11 bridges to Wayne?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:45 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Milty
I hear you man, I have an armful of parts to run to the powder coater this morning. I feel a sense of urgency to get everything back together before the snow melts. I ordered a new rear fender so I'm gettin jittery waiting on it, signals and a taillight. I was in Calgary a couple weeks ago and saw a few bikes out. Called up Mad Jap customs to look at some cool scoots but they weren't around. Speaking of Drum, you must have ridden through the 11 bridges to Wayne?
Haha yep the bridges...couple awesome lil pubs tucked in behind there. One of my favorite spots.

Last Chance Saloon..

Oh and up the road the other bar with the crusty old waitress (funny as hell) and bike left in the beer gardens still waiting for it's owner.

Last edited by Josewales; 02-21-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:05 AM
Milty
Road Master

Last time I was there was memorable. The last thing the ol lady asked me before we left was "should I bring a coat?" I said naw lets wear t-shirts its hot out there. We planned on rippin to Drumheller from Red Deer then catch the Stamps game. By the time we got to Wayne I was sun burned bad and grabbed a long sleeve tshirt from the gift shop. As I headed south towards Strathmore the clouds got crazy black. I gave the ol lady the long sleeve t and we continued through Strathmore to Calgary. The clouds opened up on the other side and hail the size of golf ***** started nailing us. We took a beating, there was nowhere to pull over and hide so I pinned er through to out run the storm. Its hard to look cool with ice welts on your arms and tears running down your face, doing 65 down the hiway...lol. This was the day of the freak storm at the big valley jamboree that knocked the stage over. We eventually made it to Calgary but the wife took a beating and had some bruises. We called er a day, skipped the game and grabbed a room and beer to warm up. Now to this day she doesn't ask me but wears her leather every time and just gives me the look.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:10 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Aye our weather changes by the mile...must of been a biatch ducking and riding. Btw GO RIDERS!!!:P

What fender are you getting? A rear hugger? Buddy of mine just went from a dyna to xbones...he's planning on that for his. Going to look sweet.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:14 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
PS...oh right my bike better be out of the shop by then:P Bad mods.
Yah, kinda putting the cart before the horse, aren'tcha? Can't wait to see it when it's done, tho...

Old 02-21-2012, 06:16 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

Agree...come on Spring - I too have parts waiting to install & new lower forks waiting powdercoating. Bring it!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
Yah, kinda putting the cart before the horse, aren'tcha? Can't wait to see it when it's done, tho...
Yep it feels like I bit off more than I can chew atm. Tins should be at the painters by next week once I see the strut alignment....then back in my garage after that.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 AM
Milty
Road Master

Originally Posted by Josewales
Aye our weather changes by the mile...must of been a biatch ducking and riding. Btw GO RIDERS!!!:P

What fender are you getting? A rear hugger? Buddy of mine just went from a dyna to xbones...he's planning on that for his. Going to look sweet.
Going with a short, swingarm mounted Shadetree Fabrications fender. It might be spring before it arrives.
I guess you can't be from Sask without being a huge Riders fan. They must wait with green banners and jerseys just outside the womb, to replenish the green army's numbers over there.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:06 AM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Josewales. How are those tins comin?! Can't wait to see em on your ryde.. All straightened out?

Milty.. Judging by the other thread, if you need help carrying those parts, lemme know. Hahaha!! That Shadetree is gonna be sweet! Now stop curling it and put the damn thing on!

We don't dodge hail over here but still can't wait til the warmer weather!!! We just dodge all the wannabe actress's fake *****! .... And traffic!

Quick Reply: Spring Fever Incoming.