Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer Apes Cables/Lines

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:12 AM
xbonz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springer Apes Cables/Lines

I have made a purchase recently for the 16' Wild 1 Chubby Bars (Springer). I was looking for opinions on cable kits. I saw on JP cycles website on the LA Choppers kit for 15-17' bars. Not too big on vynyl, was kind of hoping for black braided lines. Anyone have additional information, opinons or experiences on these kits?

On the tail end of my deployment, just trying to make the right and smart choices on this purchase. Thanks.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I got black magnum cables. I like them. Check their website. http://magnumshielding.com/

Old 02-14-2012, 09:09 AM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just did this mod about 3 months ago. Do your self a favor throw those stock risers in the trash the are complete junk! eventually the bolt will strip out and your bars will be loose! I got the 1.5 inch LA choppers risers and they worked great...How ever you need to get the springer riser adapters from wild one they are 35.00 bucks this will allow you to use the risers with the wild one chubby bars. Also when you put the bars on go out and buy some drywall sand paper (srimshaw) put it around the bars where you mount them to the riser, this will prevent them moving when you ride, trust me they will move no matter how tight you crank the bolts down! Wild one can also hook you up with a cable guy they use.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Yankees
Cruiser

I'm getting ready to put my Carlini's on this weekend and I was also looking at the LA Choppers cable kits. I was ultimately persuaded on here to take a look at the Magnum Sterling Chromite II cables and I'm glad I did, they are really nice cables. Check them out here! As said above they also have the Black Pearl if you want the blacked out look.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Milty
Road Master

True that on the risers. When running my apes the last thing to do was torque risers down and POOF both riser caps stripped out. I helicoiled them and they were fine for a year or so till I got new risers. Here is a link for riser studs so you can run conventional risers with your springer front end.
http://www.vtwinmfg.com/webapp/wcs/s..._141813_141819

Old 02-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Vikingur
Tourer

I used the LA Choppers kit - saved me about $90-100 over the Magnum Shielding cables. They're not as nice, but they look good and work just fine.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:35 PM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Milty
True that on the risers. When running my apes the last thing to do was torque risers down and POOF both riser caps stripped out. I helicoiled them and they were fine for a year or so till I got new risers. Here is a link for riser studs so you can run conventional risers with your springer front end.
http://www.vtwinmfg.com/webapp/wcs/s..._141813_141819
Milty what kind of headlight bracket is that? That thing looks great!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Milty
Road Master

RSD powder coated black

Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 AM
xbonz
Cruiser

Thanks for the feed back everyone. I am going to go with the Magnum Cables black pearl. So just to make sure, the mfg for the bars suggested +8 unless you all might offer any other suggestions. Just to back check, I will need Throttle/Clutch/Brake cables to get this off the ground. Am I missing anything else? Thanks for the help.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:19 AM
Milty
Road Master

Are you running your control wires in your bars? If you want nice clean bars, order some Namz or Novello extensions. You will need to lengthen them anyway might as well do it all at the same time.

Quick Reply: Springer Apes Cables/Lines