Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fat Boy Lo Highway Pegs.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 09:36 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

How do you like the mark lV 's

Old 02-13-2012, 09:37 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keikanca
So, do your Mark IV's allow an extension out from the actual floorboard? In the picture on Kuryakyn website, it looks like they are a little forward from the floorboard, so do they stick out far enough (left and right) to clear the floorboards?
I just measured the distance on mine........from the outside edge of the floorboards the center of the footrest is about 3 1/2-4 inches and forward of the front edge of the floorboards they are about the same. Keep in mind I'm not as tall as you, they are designed to rotate were ever you want......they pivot around the mounting point (until tightened) so you could position them differently but they are out in front of the floorboards.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:39 PM
HighwayStar503
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been considering these, price is high, and I'd have to PC them but I like the concept and nothing but good feedback on em...

http://www.aeromachmfg.com/category_s/42.htm

Old 02-13-2012, 09:44 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member

Those are similar to the Mark lll's

Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by davidwruth
How do you like the mark lV 's

Took them off for awhile.......rode to Sturgis.......put 3K on the trip and put them back on before my next long trip and have not taken them off since. They mount to a bracket that bolts to the lower/front of the floorboards on each side of the regulator, just a little inboard of the inside edge of the floorboard mounting bracket. Each arm threads into the center cross bar from the outside. The arms have teeth on the mating surfaces like the jaws on pliers so when you tighten the bolts the arms won't rotate down. Takes about five minutes to install them. Yes I like the Mark IV's and I won't take them off again!!!LOL

Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks mike I can tell the wife it's your fault now when I buy them it will take the heat off me and put it on you lol

Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by davidwruth
Thanks mike I can tell the wife it's your fault now when I buy them it will take the heat off me and put it on you lol

See I have a system, get your own credit car, set it up with an email statement (you are being good on the environment by saving paper) and have the parts delivered to the next door neighbor.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:12 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member

Lol now if you can get the neighbor to pay for it you'd have the perfect system

Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 AM
keikanca
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default one more question

Originally Posted by STLFLSTF_Mike
Took them off for awhile.......rode to Sturgis.......put 3K on the trip and put them back on before my next long trip and have not taken them off since. They mount to a bracket that bolts to the lower/front of the floorboards on each side of the regulator, just a little inboard of the inside edge of the floorboard mounting bracket. Each arm threads into the center cross bar from the outside. The arms have teeth on the mating surfaces like the jaws on pliers so when you tighten the bolts the arms won't rotate down. Takes about five minutes to install them. Yes I like the Mark IV's and I won't take them off again!!!LOL
I'm ordering today, so just wanted to make sure about your setup - do you use the Mark III that mounts to the floorboard, or the Mark IV that mounts to the Bike frame. Again, thanks for all the help with this!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 AM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by keikanca
I'm ordering today, so just wanted to make sure about your setup - do you use the Mark III that mounts to the floorboard, or the Mark IV that mounts to the Bike frame. Again, thanks for all the help with this!
This is exactly what I have........the center support mounts between the floorboards and the arms mount to the outside of that. The add even says "For Softail Models"

http://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-Cruis.../dp/B0026RMGBG

Attached Thumbnails New Fat Boy Lo Highway Pegs.....-mark-iv.jpg  

Quick Reply: New Fat Boy Lo Highway Pegs.....