Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fat Boy Lo Highway Pegs.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:00 PM
bauer4567
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-13-2012, 07:09 PM
keikanca
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Using Solo Seat

Originally Posted by kozy22
Try a different seat too
I'm using a solo seat which is pushing me back about 2 inches, so it helps. I'm not having any problems with the controls or floorboards - I'm actually pretty comfortable with them - just need some leg stretching options.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 PM
SuperInfidelX
6th Gear

Kuryakyn really needs to make the Mark IV in black. I've been thinking about getting the Mark IV and having it stripped/powder coated.

The following users liked this post:
camomanofcranham (08-21-2020)
Old 02-13-2012, 09:14 PM
keikanca
Cruiser
Default Cruise Arms Mark IV

Is anyone using these (Kuryakyn Cruise Arm Mark IV)? They look perfect, and no need for me to have to replace my stock floorboards - just wondering how far they extend beyond the floorboards.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:15 PM
keikanca
Cruiser
Default Pictures

Also, does anyone have any pics of this setup? Thanks!

Old 02-13-2012, 09:17 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

The picture shows that they do almost the same as the mark lll. I bought the mirror extenders and stripped and painted them black myself. Hoping I can do the same to these as well

Old 02-13-2012, 09:21 PM
keikanca
Cruiser
Default Awesome!

Originally Posted by davidwruth
The picture shows that they do almost the same as the mark lll. I bought the mirror extenders and stripped and painted them black myself. Hoping I can do the same to these as well
So, do your Mark IV's allow an extension out from the actual floorboard? In the picture on Kuryakyn website, it looks like they are a little forward from the floorboard, so do they stick out far enough (left and right) to clear the floorboards?

Old 02-13-2012, 09:24 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I read a post somewhere where a guy said he was able to get three different positions With these. Heel on floor board and toes on pegs. Feet on pegs. Feet over pegs. I think that would be great. I saw the threes on a used Fatboy at the dealer and they were great. I am 6-3 so I know where you are coming from.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keikanca
Hoping someone can give some advice on this - just sold my Dyna Fat Bob and bought a 2012 Fat Boy Lo. I love this bike, and love the position of the controls and having the floorboards. My problem is, I am 6'-4", so I like to spread my legs out sometimes when riding. I'm looking at several options, but, it seems much more confusing then I think it needs to be.

Option 1 - Kuryakyn Mark III floorboard mounts look good, but, they say I need to get rid of the stock half moon floorboards and get a traditional floorboard.

Option 2 - Either the HD Whiskers frame mount highway pegs or Kuryakyn makes a similar frame mount kit, only it seems like this sits the pegs too close to the bike and I am still stuck with my legs folded and not stretched out, only higher up.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, I am not looking to go with the forward control switch yet, and also not looking to get an engine guard. Also, I am sure there are lot's of people who will say a guy 6'-4" should have gone with another bike, so, if you can keep those comments on a constructive level, or at least make them humerous, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
Not sure if I'm understanding correctly or if this is what you are looking for....but they are mounted out in front of my floorboards.......they allow me to stretch my legs and sit in different positions. They are Kuryakyn Cruise Arm Mark IV's

Attached Thumbnails New Fat Boy Lo Highway Pegs.....-037c-010large_a.jpg  
Old 02-13-2012, 09:29 PM
keikanca
Cruiser
Default Perfect -

Originally Posted by STLFLSTF_Mike
Not sure if I'm understanding correctly or if this is what you are looking for....but they are mounted out in front of my floorboards.......they allow me to stretch my legs and sit in different positions. They are Kuryakyn Cruise Arm Mark IV's
I think that's exactly what I'm looking for - they mount directly on the bike frame, right? I don't need much room, just an inch or two sideways out from the floorboard where I can my feet. I just caught a post over on the cruiser forum with an excellent picture as well, so looks like I've found what I needed - thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: New Fat Boy Lo Highway Pegs.....