Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering Kits- Softail Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd like to get more testimonials on the bolt option. Seems many are saying the ride sucks afterwards. Isn't this what they use on the Deluxe in the first place to lower it 1" factory?

Old 02-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
I'd like to get more testimonials on the bolt option. Seems many are saying the ride sucks afterwards. Isn't this what they use on the Deluxe in the first place to lower it 1" factory?
Not sure how they lowered the Luxe from factory, I really dont think the stock stance is low enough IMHO, on the side view you are able to see alot of side wall on the rear tire. In the specs HD refers to "lower seat hight" so im wondering if the seat is narrower then the ones on other models or maybe the coils in the shocks are shorter? IDK. When I replaced the bolts on my stock shocks, the stock blots were way shorter then the lowering bolts. You need the longer bolt to acheve the lowered stance, and as far as the ride go's I have no problem with the stiffer ride and prefer it over the stock cushy ride but thats just me.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:30 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have mine dropped 1.5" with bolts in the rear, and 2" up front with the progressive kit and Ricor Intiminators. Haven't been able to ride it much since the mods, but initial impression is yea, it's a stiffer ride, but not uncomfortably stiff. Not to me anyway. I also jacked up the preload when I lowered it, so I haven't had any issues with bottoming out either.

Would I like an air ride? Sure! But if I had that kind of $$$ I'd rather drop it into the engine!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Deluxe671
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone or has anyone heard of someone who has done a home made air ride system on the deluxe? I know they do this for road kings and glides so just inquiring? It a lot cheaper does the same job... I was looking into the SS system but don't have the cash to do it.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 AM
ryanek9freak
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Deadcreek rear lowering kit is the best as far as inexpensive goes. And they're adjustable collars.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Klrdog
Cruiser

I just used the softail lowering kit 2" I dont care how the ride is..I rode 3 hardtail choppers for the last 10 years.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:13 PM
Tamie Dukes
Stage I

Originally Posted by kozy22
You can do just the back. I have my back lowered about 1-1/2" no issues.

The choice is going to be about $$$$ a shotgun shock will be the nicest but it cost around $1,500 you could get progressive 422 that are adjustable for around $400 or you can get bolts for $25.

I have the 422 and they are nicer than stock lowered

I had a question for you, I'm looking into buying a 2010 deluxe and they say its been lowered already 2" is what i'm told but after really looking over the bike I noticed the rear fender is off set to one side. They say thats what happens when they are lowered, is that normal ? and is there a way to reline the rear fender with the tire? My husband doesn't know a whole lot about the bikes and says its fine but I guess I'm just being really picky about how (my bike) or the bike I buy looks

Old 01-15-2015, 09:13 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Killer, cloudy ride. Progressive tubes up front -1", SS on back. Deluxe with stock 16" wheels. It is what it is.!

Old 01-16-2015, 09:44 AM
nickel.wound
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanek9freak
The Deadcreek rear lowering kit is the best as far as inexpensive goes. And they're adjustable collars.
Ditto. I have these as well on mine, and they work great.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:23 PM
ten90seven
Intermediate

If cost is an issue....or you'd like to ride it for awhile lowered BEFORE you grab an expensive air ride (like me).... SKIP THE BOLTS...

There's a better...and most importantly EASIER product...
I used the kit from softailloweringkit.com

Takes minutes....and comes with BOTH 1" & 2" options....

Went in easy....no experience needed.....couple wrenches

Quick Reply: Lowering Kits- Softail Deluxe