Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im stuck trying to find storage options on my Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Aaronr6
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im stuck trying to find storage options for my Fatboy

I really like loading the bike down and heading out with a girl for the weekend. When I bought my Fatboy, I really didnt think things threw. On the right side I have up swept pipes, and on the left I have my license plate bracket. I just bought the LaRosa swing arm bag for the left side, but it really doesnt fit with the plate bracket. I bought a detachable luggage rack (made me sick to see how much that set up cost) but that would only be for the big trips. I would like to have some general around town storage as well. Anyone have any other storage idea.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:41 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Chromed or I am sure in your case blacked out side tear drop tool box's. I have quick detach hard bags if I want to take off but I ride solo 90% of the time. I also have the rack in back too. I got a small bar bag and I have chromed tear drop tool box's ordered for mine, both the left and right side's. I know you can't put like coats and stuff in them but you would be suprised what you can get in them. Glass's, purse, few tools, a set of plugs, hats, gloves and so on. Good luck!!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:49 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 02-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Aaronr6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Chromed or I am sure in your case blacked out side tear drop tool box's. I have quick detach hard bags if I want to take off but I ride solo 90% of the time. I also have the rack in back too. I got a small bar bag and I have chromed tear drop tool box's ordered for mine, both the left and right side's. I know you can't put like coats and stuff in them but you would be suprised what you can get in them. Glass's, purse, few tools, a set of plugs, hats, gloves and so on. Good luck!!

That tool box does look like a good option. Im defiantly going to look into that.

Originally Posted by kozy22
Do you have a backrest?

I currently just have the rack, but only put it on for the long trips.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/679/Mini-GranTour-Bag

Old 02-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Joker_Hal
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you thought about a back pack?

Old 02-07-2012, 02:20 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Use a Sissy Bar for the OL. Put the luggage rack on there. Get a Teabag or Kuryakyn. Call it good.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:58 PM
mswing1234
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaronr6
I really like loading the bike down and heading out with a girl for the weekend. When I bought my Fatboy, I really didnt think things threw. On the right side I have up swept pipes, and on the left I have my license plate bracket. I just bought the LaRosa swing arm bag for the left side, but it really doesnt fit with the plate bracket. I bought a detachable luggage rack (made me sick to see how much that set up cost) but that would only be for the big trips. I would like to have some general around town storage as well. Anyone have any other storage idea.
Kuryakyn Windshield bag

Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use a Courier bag for around town. It hangs behind you and rests on the seat.

http://www.aerostich.com/packing-it-...urier-bag.html

This one would keep off the tailgaters:

Old 02-07-2012, 10:36 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I use a handle bar bag. I think its called a switchback, made by t-bags. It sits on the headlight and straps to the bars. It's large enough for to six packs of talls

Old 02-07-2012, 11:13 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by Aaronr6
Sort of sucks sometime to have to think 3-4 mods ahead each time at times. It's another reason I don't have pipes that require the removal of passenger footpegs. Personally, I thought about the hard tool box for the side on my bike, but it appears that it would interfere with the mounts for my saddlebags. Eventually, I opted for a small tool bag above the headlight which I can still leave on when using the windshield and windshield bag. At one time I had a larger one above the headlight but that didn't last long.

Quick Reply: Im stuck trying to find storage options on my Fatboy