Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longest winter ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012 | 03:57 PM
prldrm
Tourer

That's a good idea. I've been thinking about picking up a pair of Carhartt overalls. I know wind has a hard time getting through their jackets.

Originally Posted by bulldog82098
Try a pair of these:

http://www.dickies.com/mens-clothing...rall-TV245.jsp

and a pair of these:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...=45&zmap=28090

I can ride in weather 32 degree's and above and if I wear a sweatshirt or insulated t shirt I am literally sweating!
One other thing, I wear a full face helmet which makes quite a difference.

Old 02-06-2012 | 04:04 PM
PastorToddAK
Intermediate

Unfortunately here in Alaska we have had one of the hardest winters. Going to be a while before the snow melts enough to ride...

Old 02-06-2012 | 04:18 PM
fdb2007
Road Master

The Carharts will work, that's what I wore on the "snow machine" on some mighty cold days when I lived in PastorTodd's fair city. You might want to get some bunny boots to match. Just watch out for the sand and the slick spots

Old 02-06-2012 | 04:35 PM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member

It has been wonderfully nice in Kansas this winter. I have ridden at least once every week all winter long, and sometimes 2 or 3 times. It was a little over 50 today, so I went out for a ride. We have had some days where it has gotten up to 65. Winter in Kansas can be anything. Sometimes it is below zero for 5 or 6 weeks at a stretch, along with a foot or so of snow. Then we have winters like this. Sunshine almost every day also. Kansas really has a pretty nice climate with very nice fall weather, and not to bad of spring weather. Summers are hot sometimes, but not to bad. I love those early morning rides in summer when it is still cool out. If you have a bike, Kansas is the land of Ahs. LOL

Old 02-06-2012 | 04:44 PM
tbonetony06
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the complimant and no offense but I lived in Fla. twice over the years. It was like everything else, had it's good and it's bad. I can't function in the 100 degree stuff Dude, kill's me. I had a great time there though, ton's of memrories to last a lifetime. I am just waiting this winter out. I want my 1st long cruise to be nothing short of sweet. There really are somethings that are worth waiting for!!!

Old 02-06-2012 | 05:32 PM
MADHOG
Road Master

Not to rub it in but I rode 3 times last week and I’m ridding today. We are fortunate enough that we can ride pretty much all year. I don’t know how you all do it up north. I would end up like Jack Nicholson in the Shinning...

Old 02-06-2012 | 05:48 PM
PastorToddAK
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MADHOG
Not to rub it in but I rode 3 times last week and I’m ridding today. We are fortunate enough that we can ride pretty much all year. I don’t know how you all do it up north. I would end up like Jack Nicholson in the Shinning...
For those of us wayyy up north, it gets really hard this time of year. But I have to say the really long and mild days in the summer make it worth it.

Old 02-07-2012 | 08:29 AM
Hawkeye1
Novice

It's been a really strange winter here in Maryland so far. I've ridden several times in January and actually took 2 days of vacation last week to ride. Still cant wait for spring

Old 02-07-2012 | 11:46 AM
oct1949
Club Member

U do live about 100 north of me, but I am thinking this has been one the mildest winters we've had in yrs so far..

I rode 4 or 5 times since DEC.

Old 02-07-2012 | 11:57 AM
str8jacket
Tourer

Originally Posted by MADHOG
Not to rub it in but I rode 3 times last week and I’m ridding today.
Same here, and I'm about 100 miles from the Canadian border. Except for Alaska, everyone in the US has had mild temps this winter. Any time I get a chance to ride and it's 45° or higher, I get a ride in. Mid 50's or higher is awesome winter riding weather IMO. I try to get out for a fairly a long ride if it gets that warm.

Quick Reply: Longest winter ever!!!