Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

extended service plan

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 02:23 PM
ankleman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool extended service plan

bought my 2012 heritage on 1/11, i did not get the extended service plan.received ad from dealer offering ESP. do i really need this. bike is under manufacture warranty!
i have never bought ESP for any auto's or anything else.

i figure if something breaks after warranty ill pay for repair. i hate to pay now and never use dam plan.

what have you done!!!! ideas!!!!

Old 02-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't buy the plan as I was going to change everything and build the motor so it was a waste of money to me. If you just ride it and not modify it and ride a lot then it could be worth it

Old 02-04-2012, 02:33 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the 7 year plan when I bought mine, the factory 3 plus an additional 4. Only had to use it when I had the valve seal issue. I got the 4 year for the price of the 2 year, that's why I went with it. Plus being my first bike, I didn't know what exactly to expect. Probably lost money on the deal, and not sure I'd buy it again, but not sorry I had it either. It's basically insurance.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:37 PM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

You dont need it, and when your factory is about to run out you can buy a new warranty. HD is offering a warranty to all bikes within 10 model years, so I would skip it.
JMO...

Old 02-04-2012, 02:59 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I vote to not getting it too. You have the regular warranty and like the others say if that goes to expire then think about getting something else. It also voids it sometimes when you add mods so think of that too. I could not buy a bike and then go without moding it.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:25 PM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the 2 year warranty that covers tires from my dealer. Last bike I had, a nail got stuck in the tire 3 weeks after having it and it was $300 for a replacement

Old 02-04-2012, 03:31 PM
fdb2007
Road Master

I bought it on one bike basically for the tire plan--never had a flat. Didn't buy it on the next two. The Road King was a nail magnet and it would have paid for itself. Only 1 flat on the Heritage in 2 years, so far so good. Would have never needed it for anything else. Wish my dealer had a tire plan. I would be on that like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:06 PM
ankleman
Intermediate
Red face

thanks for all your opinions. i feel better that i did not get plan now.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:54 PM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

If you do your own work, it isn't worth it. If you don't and just want to ride with the number of nagging problems I had with my '06 if I didn't do my own mods, etc. it would have been well worth it IMHO.

C#

Old 02-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Kadorja
Road Captain
Received 157 Likes on 63 Posts

Do they add the ESP to your financing? That's how I ended up buying mine. Since I didn't have to pay it all up front I figured the extra coverage like tire/wheel was worth it. And if you do decide to add something that voids the warranty you can always cash in your ESP for a pro rated amount. My dad recently did that to pay for some engine work that voided his warranty. I'm considering doing it myself. I expect about $600-700 and I've had the ESP for over a year now.

Quick Reply: extended service plan