Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe with Hard Bags and Fishtails

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 08:10 AM
jjarbou
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help "2013 & older hard bags or 2014 & newer hard bags on Softail Deluxe?"

I have an 07 Softail Deluxe with Samson S2-437 fishtails that are 28.5" long and they sit below the rear axle and the fishtails end at the rear fender, I'm getting ready to purchase a set of OEM Harley hard bags or a very good set of reprodution aftermarket hard bags, I'm still deciding on whether I want to go with the squared off 2013 and older style bags or the more rounded 2014 newer bags with the one touch lever, I plan on buying the Cycle Visions bagger tail chrome mounting brackets if I buy the OEM Harley bags, and if I get aftermarket bags they will most likely be from Calibiker or Mutazu and I would also buy the aftermarket softail conversion chrome mounting brackets from them as well.

Has anyone installed a set of 2014 or newer hard saddle bags on a Softail Deluxe, and what combination of bags and mounting brackets did you use whether it was OEM or aftermarket? If you can post any pics of the rear and side views of your bikes that would be very helpful. This is gonna be a very expensive upgrade especially if I go the OEM route, and I really don't want to make a mistake and regret it.

***Does anyone have a really nice set of hard bags that you would like to sell? I'm really looking for a set of 2013 or newer saddle bags in the same color as my bike which is white gold pearl and vivid black with a red pin stripe, or a set of vivid black bags with no pin stripe. Please private message me if you have anything that meets my criteria. Thanks in advance!***

Last edited by jjarbou; 03-11-2016 at 08:13 AM.