Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe with Hard Bags and Fishtails

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Bocifus
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jb27
Nice setup. Are your pipes 33"?
They are the 39". Just have to be careful pulling into gas stations now, have to enter at an angle. I can put up some pics if you would like.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:22 PM
jb27
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bocifus
They are the 39". Just have to be careful pulling into gas stations now, have to enter at an angle. I can put up some pics if you would like.
Thanks. Yeah, if you have any pics taken from the side showing how much clearance there is between the pipes and fishtails and the bags, I'd like to see them. Also, what kind of bags are yours?

Old 02-04-2012, 06:35 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

33s are long enough. I was thinking of putting Hard bags on mine and actually had some pre fitted and the 33's are perfect. They come out just outside the bag.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:20 AM
CoolBlueDeluxe
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Yeah, if you have any pics taken from the side showing how much clearance there is between the pipes and fishtails and the bags, I'd like to see them. Also, what kind of bags are yours?
The clearance is not the issue, its the opposite really, there is too much space. I am in the process of having a set of hard bags stretched 2.5 inches to fill in the gap. I have the Samson 36's and with the stretched bags it is a perfect fit. I will have pics up soon.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
CoolBlueDeluxe
6th Gear

Here is a pic of my bags before they got painted.

Attached Thumbnails Softail Deluxe with Hard Bags and Fishtails-bags.jpg  
Old 02-05-2012, 02:33 PM
jb27
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Name:  customer31-full.jpg
Views: 2223
Size:  63.1 KB

Found this bike picture on BB Reproductions website. I'm kinda developing a liking to this style of bags. I believe these bags work with stock pipes, so I imagine they'd work with 28.5" Samson fishtails. Just need to read more to see how quick/easily they attach ond remove. I'm planning on getting the same color bike, and was wondering how the bags would look. i'd have to get a custom paint job to get two-tone with other bags. I'd think i could get these direct from BB.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:30 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer

Found this bike picture on BB Reproductions website. I'm kinda developing a liking to this style of bags. I believe these bags work with stock pipes, so I imagine they'd work with 28.5" Samson fishtails. Just need to read more to see how quick/easily they attach ond remove. I'm planning on getting the same color bike, and was wondering how the bags would look. i'd have to get a custom paint job to get two-tone with other bags. I'd think i could get these direct from BB.
I can't speak for everyone else, but there is no better look for a two tone Deluxe, IMO. I have 29" fishtails on my Springer, and my bags are bigger than those, so I see no problems with fitment. I'm not sure how those bags attach, but mine have 3 bolts and I can take both of them off in about 5 - 10 mins.

Those old Royalite style bags makes a modern Deluxe have a 50's look that that will really draw attention because its not something you see everyday. At around $500 - $550, they are priced reasonably too.

Here are some old Duo Glides for inspiration!

Attached Thumbnails Softail Deluxe with Hard Bags and Fishtails-1958-duo-glide-8.jpg   Softail Deluxe with Hard Bags and Fishtails-1958-flh.jpg   Softail Deluxe with Hard Bags and Fishtails-1958-flh-5.jpg   Softail Deluxe with Hard Bags and Fishtails-1958-harley-3.jpg  
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Deluxe47
Novice

I just picked up a 12 Deluxe myself, my first Harley! This thread is awesome. I am definatley shopping up some those royalite bags, they look awesome.

Good luck in your new bike purchase!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:05 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer

Originally Posted by Deluxe47
I just picked up a 12 Deluxe myself, my first Harley! This thread is awesome. I am definatley shopping up some those royalite bags, they look awesome.

Good luck in your new bike purchase!

Here ya go! http://www.bbreproductions.com/

Congrats on your new Deluxe!

Old 06-04-2012, 01:32 AM
acustomizer
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name:  softialrear.jpg
Views: 2197
Size:  105.3 KB
Name:  softialright.jpg
Views: 2328
Size:  144.2 KB
Name:  softialshow.jpg
Views: 2213
Size:  128.9 KB

Here is my set up, road king bags with re uppolstered lids in tuck-n-roll with mounting brackets by cavalry fiberglass.

Quick Reply: Softail Deluxe with Hard Bags and Fishtails