Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a "new to me" Train...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a "new to me" Train...

Damn it has been a long journey. I had a 2009 Night Train that I bought from Rossmeyers in Nov 2009. Rick "Fukking" Scott and the state legislature decided to take 3% of state worker's pay to fund the Florida retirement system and make up for most of the deficit from last year's (2011) budget. Not wanting to be in a bind or have my family do without, I sold my Train. This was before the county where I work, decided to give us a raise to make up for the deficit. We had not been given a raise in about 3 years. My mistake I guess. I was trying to do the right thing. Well, after the raise, I went and bought a used 09 Fat Bob (could not find a decent Train at that time). It was "OK", but had some issues. I traded it for the bike I have now a 2011 Street Bob. Again, "OK" but not that Train in Denim Black.

Made the deal today and will be getting another Train at Atlanta HD come Thursday. Paying more than it is worth because of my multiple trades, but to get the bike I wanted, well, I did the deal.

http://images.traderonline.com/img/5...mb_550x410.jpg

Old 02-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Train HogRida. Make sure to post more pics and introduce yourself on the Night Train pic thread when you get her home.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:39 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ash16
Nice Train HogRida. Make sure to post more pics and introduce yourself on the Night Train pic thread when you get her home.
Will do. I am excited as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:59 PM
frozensoul
Road Master

well done, enjoy. far as paying a little more ive done it a couple of times to get the ride i wanted, long as your pleased thats all that matters.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 PM
tps77
Novice
Default sweet

Awesome looking bike congrats,wanted a train as well but at time as well nothing worth the doe bought a new 2011 fatboy Lo very pleased ,saving up for a train just got to have it, looks like you might already be set up for the detachable bags

Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! There's so many different ways to build this great bike...... I love them all!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:01 PM
08Nighttrain
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nuthin runs like a train!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:14 PM
joejack
Cruiser

I feel your Pain with Rick Scott. He tried to screw my pension also! At least your agency is doing the right thing and giving you the 3%. Enjoy the new bike!

Old 02-05-2012, 06:00 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master

Originally Posted by joejack
I feel your Pain with Rick Scott. He tried to screw my pension also! At least your agency is doing the right thing and giving you the 3%. Enjoy the new bike!
I heard a question and answer session with Rick Scott the other day and he was asked about the tax loopholes businesses have. His answer was, "he isn't closing them because that's someone's money and to close them would take money out of the economy of Florida." Guess Tricky Rick didn't realize that is just what he did when he forced state workers to cough up three percent of their income to put back into the FRS (which is by no means insolvent or even negative despite the setbacks of 08 and 09). I had written a letter to his GOVERNORSHIP about that claiming that it would take 1.5 billion out of Florida's economy each year based on 600,000+ state workers and the average salary of said worker. While I am no accountant or economist, I only missed my estimate by 200 million dollars so it's only 1.3 BILLION that could have been spent instead of the 1.5 I claimed.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master

Got my rig yesterday. Finally got it unloaded tonight. Had to do it by myself. I tried last night with some ramps and no help, but chickened out and I was tired as hell from the 20 hour ordeal of driving to the ATL, making the deal and then making the run back home. I would have been a crying Florida boy had I dumped it over on the ramps last night. What started at 9:15 pm on Monday night ended about 9:30pm last night when I gave up on getting some help to unload the bike. I was able to unload the bike at the university tonight in one of the parking lots where there were some steep inclines by some parking spaces. Rode it home tonight. Dang, it sure was nice. Those Vance and Hines long shots were singing. The best thing I like is that it has an air lift for the rear. I can ride slammed by myself or lift it up and tote a passenger. Wish I had a clue as to how to post a pic.

Quick Reply: Getting a "new to me" Train...